PDA

View Full Version : Can I please PLEASE just be able to Swype the word "OR"??!!

Shuggah
12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
WOW this is frustrating!!!

So not only to get I WEIRD words popping up as non-so-English-dictionary suggestions (e.g., "Piotr" and "Pyotr") but I cannot seem to Swype a VERY simple and VERY common word:

OR

If I Swype from O to R, right to left, 98% of the time I get "our." I almost CANNOT NOT get "our." About 1.5% of the time I get "out."

It does NOT matter how fast or slow or deliberate I try to swype "OR"...I can't get it!!

If I do the suggested "loop under" swype to skip the letters straight across, I very VERY VERY rarely get "or" but instead get a Word Choice option of "outre" or "ogre" or, again, "our" or "out." When I swype "loop over" the keyboard I again SOMETIMES get "or" but it is usually with a CAPITAL O "Or"!!!

Can this be fixed or can someone give me suggestion how I can Swype "or" more "accurately"......****OR**** I might jump of a bridge!!! :p

THANKS!!

divzero
12-22-2010, 1:28 AM
mmm - I'm also getting this one...

I've tried adding "or" to my user dictionary, but that doesn't work...

I think the algorithm for word prioritization in the word-suggestion-popup might be changed a little...
Maybe something like:
1) Prioritize user dictionary words above all else
2) Prioritize words based on their frequency in the English language (I'm pretty sure, the word "or" is used more than the word "ogre")

Kenneth
12-22-2010, 4:49 AM
I've tried the same but get the correct word 90% of the time. try an "upside down smile" for "or" and a "normal smile" for "out", works for me in both portrait and landscape.
If your still batteling, try adusting the speed vs accuracy in the swype settings.

Shuggah
12-23-2010, 8:32 PM
I've tried the same but get the correct word 90% of the time. try an "upside down smile" for "or" and a "normal smile" for "out", works for me in both portrait and landscape.
If your still batteling, try adusting the speed vs accuracy in the swype settings.

Hi Kenneth...

So, as I mentioned in my original post, I have tried the "loop over" and "loop under" as I describe which YOU have suggested as "upside down smile" or "normal smile" but do NOT get the results you get. If I decide to change the speedy/accuracy slider, I ASSume you suggest that I move more toward "accuracy" yes??

THANKS!