PDA

View Full Version : does not work in tablets! archos 101 here

briveira
12-20-2010, 7:43 PM
As a galaxy S owner, I'm a currently user of swype, in love with it to the point that now I try swyping on any screen keyboard

It's a pity you can not install swype beta in this Archos 101 with froyo i'm typing on now, the download page says this is not and android phone, which is only half true :)

Rhinoman
12-21-2010, 1:30 AM
I 2nd that - I am loving swype on our Samsung Epic - it made me fall in love with the phone - now my wife and I got these new Archos 101s (quickly becoming the most popular Android Tablets) - We would love to beta Swype on our tablets for you (We have the latest 2.2 Froyo firmware) - Right now Swype downloads but then says our screen size is not yet supported. So here we are ... sitting, waiting ..... hoping.

I am sure there are many others like us. These Archos 101 tablets are being sold faster than they can get them on the shelves

Thanks - Please keep us posted!!

RPeters
12-21-2010, 9:46 AM
Hey there, I thought I'd be slick and I downloaded it on my Galaxy S phone then transferred the .apk to my Archos 70 Internet Tablet. Everything installed perfectly, I was even able to enable it and step through the tutorials, but the keyboard itself would never accept my swiping. It would just flash a blue box around the entire keyboard and beep when I tried to swipe. Rather depressing as I'm completely addicted to swyping on my phone. I'm starting to wish desktops had that method of input. Please add my vote to the Archos tablet support as well.

jpearls
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
+Tears for Archos 101. :( Anxiously awaiting support! I love Swype on my Droid X. Thanks!

domtom
12-22-2010, 1:24 PM
Hey there, I thought I'd be slick and I downloaded it on my Galaxy S phone then transferred the .apk to my Archos 70 Internet Tablet. Everything installed perfectly, I was even able to enable it and step through the tutorials, but the keyboard itself would never accept my swiping. It would just flash a blue box around the entire keyboard and beep when I tried to swipe. Rather depressing as I'm completely addicted to swyping on my phone. I'm starting to wish desktops had that method of input. Please add my vote to the Archos tablet support as well.
Hello there Peters and all,
I have an Archos 43IT, under Froyo, and am experiencing almost the same symptoms. Install worked ok, save for a warning message on compatibility between the program and my platform (...) and when I try to type I get the blue flashing but nothing else. The keyboard works when ... typing simply on it. Personally I couldn't run the tutorial all the way through, experiencing the same symptom:(. Another issue I detected is that when the tablet is in landscape mode, the rightmost part of the keyboard disappears under the 4 function keys of the tablet. It must have something to do with either Froyo or the new release or both since I've seen posts of a happy user of swype using an Archos 70 IT under Eclair. Anxiously waiting for a fix since swype seems to be really THE way to enter text for tablets.
Good luck to the developers...
Regards

dctoph
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I hate it when people +1, but +1 for the Archos 101. I think it would work great on this platform!

PepaBCN
01-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Here another Archos frustrated user! In my case, with a 70 Internet Tablet... But I've seen another thread in which someone with an Archos 101 seemed to be working almost properly. Weird! The user name was "Trevoke" and I already asked for him/her about it.

wideawakenow
02-24-2011, 7:01 PM
I'm a happy user of Swype on my HTC Desire HD, but similar to some above, I installed it on my Archos 70 IT and it won't work properly. I also get the right side of the keyboard cut-off in landscape mode.

Looking forward to having it available on my, and my wife's tablets! Keep up the great work!

Adam B.
02-26-2011, 9:56 AM
Motorola XOOM here, also waiting for tablet support...

brian.resnik
02-28-2011, 9:03 AM
Stay tuned. Possible announcement in the next few weeks. No promises though.

satdishes
03-02-2011, 3:14 PM
i really like my new Xoom tablet but i need my SWYPE please help it will download but error this screen size is not supported. Please i need you.

personalt
03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Has anything changed with the 101? I was able to install the latest and greatest version as it looks like it supports more screen sizes.

However I get the 'swype package is configured for another device....'

is it still the case that this device cant be supported because it doesnt have a cellular modem and therefore doesnt have a imei(or whatever that serial is called)?

tjoebgen
12-23-2011, 8:51 AM
Stay tuned. Possible announcement in the next few weeks. No promises though.
Hello, Brian. Any word on Swype for Archos 101?

bimboy
12-26-2011, 7:10 AM
Works great on my Transformer Prime @ 1280x800. So, I guess some tablets do work with the new beta.