PDA

View Full Version : Swype for Gingerbread

blackroseMD1
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
As the source code for Gingerbread has been released, more and more GB based roms are coming out. As us rooted users move to them, it would be nice to have a version of Swype that played well with GB.

Anytime I install the version from the beta program, I get the error "This Swype is configured for another device and will function with limited functionality..." even when I download it through the swype installer.

Any ideas on an ETA for a GB friendly Swype?

brian.resnik
12-20-2010, 12:13 PM
We've tested on GB and there shouldn't be any problems. Please try re-running the installer with swype already installed. It will go through a repair process to try and fix the license if it detects it's broken/missing. Let me know what the results are. If it drops you straight to the "Finish" screen it means that it couldn't detect anything wrong, and we can run through some further troubleshooting steps.

blackroseMD1
12-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks Brian, that worked like a charm. :)

dturney
04-25-2011, 7:14 PM
I have tried installer again and still limited functionality. I have long pressed and unselected closed then long pressed and reselected and still limited funcionality (this is on a clean install, and rerun of installer went straight to finished). Can type on the keyboard, just not swype. (Running on my tablet: G Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.3)

rob.boehm
04-30-2011, 10:19 AM
I have tried installer again and still limited functionality. I have long pressed and unselected closed then long pressed and reselected and still limited funcionality (this is on a clean install, and rerun of installer went straight to finished). Can type on the keyboard, just not swype. (Running on my tablet: G Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.3)

Rerun the installer without installing Swype. Should repair the license.

go.schnuffel
05-05-2011, 1:50 PM
Hello,

in installed today Gingerbread, too. Swype runs fine. But now i'm missing the microphone button (speech to text). it is planed for a future release?
Thanks Chris