PDA

View Full Version : Capitalization Errors

BrockAtkinson
12-18-2010, 8:47 PM
When swyping above the keyboard to capitalize on some words, occasionally when going from the bottom row of the keyboard, it will consider the first character lowercase and the second uppercase (like cAmelcAse?). Generally, this is wrong (although I do understand how the algorithm could get this), and I don't want it.

However, when double-tapping to bring up the word selection window, all other possible words are in the same case order (cAmelcAse), without considering that perhaps I didn't want that second character capitalized, and only the first character.

Basically, my problem is the word selection window doesn't take into consideration capitalization errors, only character selection differences.

That being said, I'm sure you guys have already considered this, but the logic is not exactly simple to implement. And at the same time, I haven't been able to create this problem (which always happens when I attempt to create an error on a computer--it always works perfectly), but if I do I'll post it on here.

Edit: I was able to recreate it!
Typing the word Aether, it comes up as aEther. It also suggests:
- Sheet
- Sherry
- sUrgery ...

So I guess the algorithm does account for capitalization differences, but not in the same word (I would appreciate both Aether and aEther in the selection window).

Thanks,
Brock