PDA

View Full Version : Micro Build - Great

RickMonroe
12-18-2010, 5:05 PM
Read about the Micro Build on Android Central and just installed it. Very nice. Thank you.

rbihari
12-20-2010, 6:34 AM
+1 on the Micro build! I'm always on the verge of running out of memory (even though I have an 8GB memory card installed - when will we be able to run Apps on SD without rooting our devices??)
I just removed the old Beta (10 Mb) & reinstalled the new Micro (2.5 Mb). Went without a hitch, & works great on my LG Ally (maybe even a bit faster?)
Kudos's to the Devs for releasing this version.... No real need for all the additional language support -just adds overhead. Maybe in the future you might consider releasing Swype with a choice of Language "packs" to only support groups of languages so you don't have to install such a large application....just a thought.

The micro was greatly appreciated - keep up the good work!

tmwsiy
12-20-2010, 7:24 AM
how can I install the Micro?
I uninstalled the installer and tried again, was not given the option of the micro build.

rbihari
12-20-2010, 2:30 PM
how can I install the Micro?
I uninstalled the installer and tried again, was not given the option of the micro build.

Don't forget to uninstall both the original Beta & the original BETA INSTALLER. Get the new installer just like you got the original (download it from the Beta site again).

When I downloaded the new Installer the process was identical to the first Beta install, but the last screen gives you a choice of the Beta (10Mb) or the Micro build (2.5 Mb). Just click on the one you want, and everything should go just like it did originally......at least that's how it worked for me.....
Good luck ☺

MarcusWolschon
12-20-2010, 10:28 PM
For the rest of us: this "micro build" is probably the 2.5MB "english and spanish" version the installer offers.
So how do you have it download individual other languages to use?
They are all just assets, so loading them from ouside the apk is trivial to code.
I for one have no use for spanish (and the 6MB of other languages) at all but require German.
The 10MB-version only fits onto my internal memory of I actually throw out important other apps.