PDA

View Full Version : Calibrate keyboard

TheButcher
12-15-2010, 10:39 PM
How about adding a calibration screen for the keyboard. Maybe it's just my fat fingers, but I seem to be mistyping a lot when using the keyboard in the traditional manner.

This was something I enjoyed about the HTC keyboard was that I could calibrate it to my typing habits

derrapf
01-11-2011, 1:20 PM
Yes agreed! I also do constantly mistype a lot. That does not happen on the calibrated stock keyboard. So a calibration tool would be highly appreciated.

GazaIan
01-11-2011, 2:58 PM
Well that's mainly because Swype is meant for Swyping, not typing. Typing is harder on Swype because that's not what it's aimed around.

derrapf
01-11-2011, 3:18 PM
>because that's not what it's aimed around.
Maybe. But nevertheless it is often neccessary.
Especially if you have to use names (e.g. of companies) and/or special technical terms that are not in the dictionary.
Trust me, here you have to tap a lot!

GazaIan
01-11-2011, 6:44 PM
True, but you only have to type it in once, and there should never be a reason to delete it if you meant to add it to the dictionary.

belomeclone
01-11-2011, 7:48 PM
You can't calibrate a keyboard. All you would do is define letters with unusual locations, and potentially the same location. Also, where you press when using the thumb is different from the index finger, so what would you be calibrating for?

Just get used to it.

derrapf
01-12-2011, 1:52 AM
You can't calibrate a keyboard.
Of course you can. The stock keyboard shows you how.

so what would you be calibrating for?
Easy. The parallax. It happens to me that I constantly miss a character because my finger is too far on the right side, although my eyes say it's a perfect hit.
Every touch screen or soft-keyboard I used before could be calibrated this way.
Regards Ralf

IanS100
01-13-2011, 1:45 AM
Accuracy seems to have dropped with the Dec update, so maybe it will improve again with future versions

next660
01-10-2017, 12:27 AM
I also enjoyed the keyboard of the HTC !!
walmartone (http://customerservicenumber.mobi/walmartone/)