PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions + thoughts

Exitialis
12-12-2010, 8:47 AM
Hey everyone

Only been in the beta a while but wow, awesome keyboard.

Only things I'd like to see are:

- Double tapping space bar adds a full stop and then a space, a very useful feature I miss from the standard android keyboard

- Some solution to the following problem:

Entering a text message (SMS), finish the last word and hit send. Only to discover that the last word came up in the word suggestion box instead of being typed. Perhaps the keyboard could detect when a user clicks outside and input the first selected word?

Keep up the good work =)

Exit

divzero
12-22-2010, 2:03 AM
Entering a text message (SMS), finish the last word and hit send. Only to discover that the last word came up in the word suggestion box instead of being typed. Perhaps the keyboard could detect when a user clicks outside and input the first selected word?

+1!!

I've had this issue in Gtalk a lot...

wmmiller
12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
A similar frustration is when filling in an address in Gmail: I generally just type the first two or three letters of the address and pick the person I want from the list of my contacts. That doesn't work with Swype because tapped keystrokes don't get sent to the application, they just show up in the chooser. I have to select the item in the chooser before Gmail will pop up the list of potential recipients. Other keyboards I have used go ahead and send the tapped keys or the "best guess" to the application and then replace it if the user chooses something else.