PDA

View Full Version : Cloud dictionary updating

SAHILISBURMAN
12-11-2010, 5:03 AM
First of all i am noob please forgive me for grammatic and spelling errors.

this post is most helpful for those who write word of their script in english or phonetically

i want to request something important to swype but before requesting i would give an example which is faced by me -:

(my personal experince : I am an indian, we talk in hindi but when we txt someone we type hindi words in english which does not exist in any dictionary so we have to make our own dictionary so we can also swype through those words)

i want swype to add an option of updating user's custom made dictionary over the cloud. So that when users switch to a new mobile his dictionary keeps as he leaved on his/her previous mobile

let me explain

android is not like ios (i-phone os) because daily new phone with more advanced feature comes in market, and people shift to new phone. So if they are swype users like me they loose all the new words added in their dictionary and they have to tap all those word again

estranged
06-22-2011, 10:37 PM
yeah, that is very good... count me in..

IPB_Refugee
07-10-2011, 6:39 AM
+1

At least a way to save the custom dictionary to sdcard would be very useful.

Thanks for Swype - it's great!
Wolfgang

mazhiwei85st
07-20-2011, 3:04 AM
yeah, that is very good...

rob.boehm
07-20-2011, 4:03 PM
that would be cool

xuyuan88st
07-25-2011, 1:01 AM
yeah, that is very good... count me in..

Scorp84
08-16-2011, 7:29 AM
+1. I also had this idea because I often flash other Roms to my device. And often I have to do a full Wipe. It's always a pain to teach Swype all the words again.

Lior Messer
08-26-2011, 2:13 PM
Well, there is a procedure on how to backup and restore your user dictionary. This should somehow address it.

Agree that cloud syncing would be way cooler, though.

mikesoft
08-30-2011, 8:08 PM
+1010101

This would make me so happy. I flash a rom almost on a weekly basis. Although I can backup stuff, I often have to teach swype my custom words again and again...
Also, being able to edit your swype-cloud anywhere on the web would be awesome. Something like gmail contacts!

Lior Messer
08-31-2011, 7:19 PM
Just bear in mind that I could not restore my dictionary from the previous version... Could not get any response from anyone at Swype, which is quite disappointing... Already gave it up and am rebuilding my dictionary from zero.

Sent from my GT-I9000B using Tapatalk

JNavas
11-04-2011, 7:21 AM
i want swype to add an option of updating user's custom made dictionary over the cloud. So that when users switch to a new mobile his dictionary keeps as he leaved on his/her previous mobile...
I believe this is already happening -- Google backs up your data to the Google cloud and restores it automatically when you reinstall an app -- see Settings > Privacy.