PDA

View Full Version : French QWERTY keyboard/language (ie french canadian)

ironman
12-10-2010, 9:37 AM
it would be wonderful to have a french qwerty keyboard for all of us french canadians.

Bossman74
03-13-2011, 9:23 AM
+1 for french QWERTY keyboard

moncef
08-23-2011, 5:53 PM
+1 to that! PLEASE, french QWERTY

ironman
08-24-2011, 9:13 AM
still nothing? how complicated can it be? you have the french dictionary already, and the qwerty keyboard already.. just put them together

chokesmaster
08-24-2011, 9:46 AM
I definitely need this!!! only frenchies from France use the AZERTY keyboard!!!!

rob.boehm
08-26-2011, 12:45 PM
This is a very common request and has not gone unheard. I'll ask that you remember that this is an open beta test which it's primary purpose it to gather awesome feedback just like this from our fans. But also remember that Swype still exclusively for OEM manufacturers. It doesn't make much sense for us to take time and resources away from development to push out a simple patch like a Qwerty French keyboard when we actually have much more awesome planned ;D

Nothing specific to announce yet and I honestly have no idea when these features will be ready, but we have something cooking that should make French Canadians and multilingual Swypers around the world pretty excited =D

chokesmaster
08-27-2011, 11:40 AM
This is a very common request and has not gone unheard. I'll ask that you remember that this is an open beta test which it's primary purpose it to gather awesome feedback just like this from our fans. But also remember that Swype still exclusively for OEM manufacturers. It doesn't make much sense for us to take time and resources away from development to push out a simple patch like a Qwerty French keyboard when we actually have much more awesome planned ;D

Nothing specific to announce yet and I honestly have no idea when these features will be ready, but we have something cooking that should make French Canadians and multilingual Swypers around the world pretty excited =D

Awesome! Thanks for hearing us!! ill be looking the forum for the news :)