PDA

View Full Version : Swype broken by Gingerbread on Droid

gobbergo
08-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Android 2.2.1 is actually still Froyo. Gingerbread will not be OTAed to Droid for a little bit of time.

In any case, try uninstalling Swype and re-installing from the installer program, which you should still have installed. I've seen people write on XDA forums that OTAs have killed Swype but reinstalling fixes it.

Thanks for the correction. I should have double-checked. Just assumed when I got an OTA that it was the next version.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick! Swype fixed. Thanks!

gobbergo
08-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Android 2.2.1 is actually still Froyo. Gingerbread will not be OTAed to Droid for a little bit of time.

In any case, try uninstalling Swype and re-installing from the installer program, which you should still have installed. I've seen people write on XDA forums that OTAs have killed Swype but reinstalling fixes it.

Thanks for the correction. I should have double-checked. Just assumed when I got an OTA that it was the next version.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick! Swype fixed. Thanks!

gobbergo
12-10-2010, 7:12 AM
Droid A855, Verizon, Android 2.2.1, not a root user

Just got Swype Beta two days ago and it worked fine. Then yesterday I got my Android Gingerbread update OTA and now Swype is broken. Had to switch back to Android keyboard.

When using Swype now, keyboard vibrates on first touch and the blue line displays my swiping correctly, but when I pick up my finger the whole keypad is outlined briefly in blue and nothing happens; the text doesn't enter. I've tried it with Gmail, the browser and the text messaging app with the same outcome. I've reinstalled Swype with the same outcome.

A little help?

Stanlee Lipkin
12-10-2010, 7:16 AM
I have had the same problem.

willverduzco
12-10-2010, 7:17 AM

Peruphile
08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Letter T (upper and lower case) on both Swype and standard keyboard on Droid X usually does not work after Gingerbread update. Ideas?