PDA

View Full Version : Have arrow keys to navigate entered text

elainachen11
12-09-2010, 6:12 PM
I really enjoy that my HTC Evo keyboard has arrow keys at the bottom of the keyboard to help me navigate words I've misspelled (or words my autocorrect changed into something nonsensical). Most of the time, selecting just the right spot with my finger is inaccurate, and it's frustrating to try to move the cursor one or two millimeters by tapping. You can end up tapping 20 times and still fail. With the arrow keys I can tap in the general area and then navigate to the right spot easily.

The arrow keys are what sold me on this phone. And the lack of arrow keys on other keyboard apps have caused me to stop using them...

Just a thought. :)

DonCorneo
12-10-2010, 12:53 AM
This is definately a good idea. I concer with how hard it is to get the curser in just the right spot to make any kind of correction.
I know I can double tap a word to bring up the word select box, but even that does not always have the word I want in it.
Arrow keys like the EVO would be a vast improvement.

ironman
12-10-2010, 9:25 AM
yes arrows! heck we only need left and right arrows, a delete button would also be very handy if it could be squeezed in.

Jonessee22
12-10-2010, 3:33 PM
The swype keyboard does have arrows. Just swype from the swype icon to the "SYM" key.

nugroho2
12-14-2010, 1:26 AM
Please create a separate screen that only contains arrows, del, and backspace. and BIG arrows please... !! :). That will help a lot in editing.

Haywood
12-14-2010, 4:00 PM
The swype keyboard does have arrows. Just swype from the swype icon to the "SYM" key.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

Why was that little tid bit of information so hard to find (well, it wasn't once I joined the forum, but it should be more prominently mentioned in the documentation somewhere). However, I would still like to see left/right arrows on main keyboard.

Vetdoctor
12-15-2010, 6:00 PM
BTW: Swype from the Swype key to the "f" key to get the numbe r keyboard.

dcharleyultra
12-15-2010, 6:52 PM
Cool. Thanks

Are there any more tips like this?

BTW: Swype from the Swype key to the "f" key to get the numbe r keyboard.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Vetdoctor
12-16-2010, 4:16 AM
Here is a list of the shortcuts unique to Swype: -Swype from the Swype key to the f(5) key to get to the NUM layer -Swype from the Swype key to the SYM key to get to the edit layer -Swype from the Swype key to the Shift key to get menu of capitalization options for the preceding word (ex: hello, Hello, HELLO) -Swype from the Swype key to the language(q) key to toggle between languages

Swype from space to delete to delete extraneous space

brian.resnik
12-16-2010, 6:11 AM
Check out the videos here: http://www.swypeinc.com/tips-tricks.html

And the Top 10 Power User tips here: http://www.swypeinc.com/10-ways-to-swype.html