PDA

View Full Version : Separate mode for adding words

FrankDeath
12-09-2010, 6:54 AM
I find swyping to be convenient in some orientations, and typing normally to be convenient in others. I'd really like there to be an explicit way to add words so that I'm not adding typos to the dictionary when I choose to not swype. This would also prevent friends from adding words/typos when they borrow my phone to look up information.

thurule
12-09-2010, 9:19 AM
Seconded. Something like the default input that has a section in the settings for editing the user dictionary would be perfect.

willverduzco
12-10-2010, 6:07 AM
I agree. A way of managing the custom dictionary / word list (like on the stock Android keyboard) would be quite beneficial.

As an extension to this feature request, could we also have a way to disable automatic dictionary adding? I often have to type in words that aren't standard words, but I then have to highlight them and press the Swype key to delete it immediately (so that I don't forget to delete it later).

This is the only gaping hole I've noticed with the program, as I often spend more time deleting manual entries than I save using Swype in the first place. Aside from being scared that a manual entry will remain in my dictionary, Swype is really fast and fun to use.