PDA

View Full Version : Word suggestion box needs improvement!

Agent Lilo
12-08-2010, 5:12 PM
I really like Swype but the word suggestion pop up box is annoying. It covers some of the text you are swyping, it's annoying and just gets in the way. Can you make the word suggestion box like SlideIt keyboard's? Where the word suggestion box is between the text that's typed and the keyboard? Most keyboards have it this way and it doesn't block anything. Thanks

craPkit
12-09-2010, 3:50 AM
I second that, since I'm used to the format Agent Lilo described from ShapeWriter:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFz71RFpPTAhohLHAZFqZyeKG5gB1Q1 sL6vSw85D0lVdv2K_zs
The annoying suggestion popup even covers swype's own auto-help-area, which makes it even more annoying.

:EDIT:
Since this is my second post mentioning ShapeWriter and only my third in total, I've got to add that I'm in no way affiliated to the people who developed ShapeWriter in any way. I just like the way it works (where it works).
Moreover, ShapeWriter has been dead for about half a year or so, that's why I'm currently switching to Swype, so I can't really help comparing the two IMs constantly.

djblee
12-09-2010, 9:09 AM
+ 1. LOVE Swype, but the word suggestion box is rough. I do like the way the Android keyboard currently does it... popping up between the keyboard and content (similar to craPkit's post as well)...

ironman
12-10-2010, 9:34 AM
yes please please please change this, slideit and shapewriter do it so much better, and so much less intrusively