PDA

View Full Version : List all user added words and allow us to remove others

mafface
12-08-2010, 4:10 AM
1) I would like to see a list of any words I've added to the dictionary to remove 70% of them. I'm usually in a rush to type my texts so don't want to wast time removing the odd word while I'm typing and I forget later. Seeing them all in a list at any time would be a million times better

2) This really infuriates me. I use the word "cheers" all the time, where I'm from it's used instead of "thanks". Swype NEVER puts "cheers" and never pops up with a list of alternative, it insists on writing "76ers"
what the hell is 76ers? it's not a word
Looking it up, it's a US sports team, why would the majority of the world want that in their dictionary?
I use the word "good" multiple times a day, like "cheers" it's never given as an option and no list appears, it just chooses to put the word "god" there. I have never (until now) had a reason to write that word and I don't think I ever will. Please can these spellings be rectified?

HippoMan
12-08-2010, 9:08 AM
I second the motion to give us a way to manually edit the contents of the dictionary.

prinzhernan
12-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Actually this would be a big help for us guys who keep on inputing wrong words then it gets added to the dictionary. It would be really nice if the dev team could add this as one of the features just like the touch screen keyboard on my HTC Desire Z which allows the user to see all the added words to the dictionary.

tgi007
12-09-2010, 12:51 AM
I'd also like to see (optionally enable-able/disable-able) words NOT be automatically added to the user dictionary. Let me choose whether this is a one-time use (like an acronym or slang usage) or if I really want to add it to the user dictionary.

Particularly when I let someone else use my phone for sending a quick email or text, I don't want their sloppy typing to add a bunch of misspellings to my dictionary. This happened when I was first trying out Swype, and it took me a while to figure out why the name "Danielle" kept transposing the "ie" into "ei".

craPkit
12-09-2010, 3:47 AM
This is a must-have feature for any IM that uses dictionaries!

robbski
12-15-2010, 9:13 AM
I couldn't possibly agree any more completely! I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY at how ridiculous Swype is, when it comes to all of these stupid words coming up when I'm typing an email, or text message. Don't get me wrong. Swype is incredible, and I love it, but COME ON!! I'm so sick of seeing '76ers', '7-eleven', 'god', and a Hell of a lot more OTHER words that do nothing but slow me down! How can they possibly think this is ok? I'm uninstalling now, until the dictionary problem is taken care of. It shouldn't take me 30 seconds to Swype a text message that takes about 5 seconds on a regular QWERTY keyboard, because of all of these ridiculous words that can't be removed from the dictionary! Ugh!! There. I feel better, now. :)

spookypeanut
01-25-2011, 1:57 AM
Agreed: ability to remove words from the dictionary is essential and a glaring omission. Particularly from the user dictionary, but also from the main one: I usually get "haver" come up when I try to type "have", and it's a word I have NEVER (deliberately) typed.

hachamacha
04-13-2011, 9:10 AM
I also agree with having the ability to edit the dictionary. I just realized that my HTC has a user dictionary that is under the generic keyboard settings and will add some oddball words that I use to it and see if that does anything, but I doubt it.