phresno
12-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Samsung Moment
Sprint
v2.1
Custom ROM
No APPS2SD
No error message - just hangs at "Downloading Swype..."

I was able to download the latest installer ok, but when I run it to download the app itself it hangs at "downloading". If I switch to the home screen and then back, it acts as if I had never tapped the download button. No error message, just reverts to the "Download Swype" button.

I've had this working before with custom ROMs, but without an error message I cannot really say what it's doing.

Causemoi
12-07-2010, 11:58 PM
I have an MT3G on 2.2.1, via a good 3G connection. Installer downloaded/installed fine, but it's been a half hour and I still have the 'spinning' "Downloading Swype....." on my phone. I realize that it was recommended to download via a WiFi connection, but it's not convenient at the moment. Please tell me if via 3G will work at all so I know whether to abandon or not....
Anyone else having this problem?

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 8:24 AM
phresno: your issue is a known bug. Trust me, we've tested it a bunch, and the download is still going on in the background.

Causemoi: 3G is sketchy, because it's a 10mb download, and if the connection gets interrupted for some reason it can hang there, thinking it's still downloading even though it's not. We REALLY REALLY recommend using WiFi or a stable 4G connection. Sorry :(

phresno
12-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Brian:

It never completed the screen would hang until I cancelled or the phone died, and if I changed from that screen (say by hitting the home button) it would go back to the "Click here to download" screen.

I rebooted my phone and cleared cache, that seemed to let me finish the download.