PDA

View Full Version : Unable to disable Swype

mmubashar
12-07-2010, 9:50 PM
Hey guys,

I'm running the MIUI ROM and apparently, there is no way to "disable" a keyboard. I can "Force Close" it though, but that's not what Swype is requesting. This said, the license installation button is locked and I can't install it. Any help is much appreciated :)

Thank you.

gatorsnjags
12-08-2010, 5:26 AM
I have the Droid X and have had Swype for a while now. I downloaded the apk file, went to uninstall Swype and can't. The "uninstall" button is grayed out. I installed anyway and get to a screen that says "ATTENTION: Swype is not properly licensed. To Fix - Press "Disable Swype" and 1) uncheck the box next to Swype then, 2) hit the back button to return and "generate license". The problem is that there is no button beside the word Swype on the next page. Under Input Method is says "Multi-touch keyboard". The generate license button is grayed out.

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 7:15 AM
mmubashar: please see this thread - http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1653

gatorsnjags: Please read the instructions for the Swype Beta. Swype BETA should NEVER be installed on a device that came pre-loaded with Swype (unless you are using a custom AOSP-based ROM)