PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Generate license

Nathaniel Van Foster
12-07-2010, 7:00 PM
Hello everyone, I am on a rooted droid x and for whatever reason cannot install the December beta of Swype even though I have a proper beta accuont and everything. After downloading the file it continues to tell me that the license failed to generate and will not continue even after removing the old swype from my system. Anyone else having this issue?

golmar88
12-07-2010, 7:49 PM
I am having the same issue. It force closes, and behind that it says license failed to register. I am on vibrant rooted with custom rom. I've tried wiping all data, delvick cache, and complete removal of swype and installer. Any suggestions appreciated.

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 7:30 AM
The new installer includes a repair feature. After the failed installation, immediately run the installer again. It will attempt to pick up where it left off (please read patch notes in the future guys, thanks :D)

golmar88: What Vibrant ROM are you using? If it's based off the stock vibrant firmware, the beta probably won't work, as the stock firmware includes lots of OS customizations that will interfere with the beta. If it's an AOSP-based ROM, let me know and we'll try to get you working.