PDA

View Full Version : not properly licenses -> generate new license

thrillerbee
12-07-2010, 4:26 PM
I'm going through the process of generating of a new license, because, of course, every upgrade is a chore with Swype. I love this product! Make it easy to upgrade/maintain!

Anyway, I'm using a fantastic ROM called MIUI that does not have a box to uncheck as part of disabling Swype:

ATTENTION! Swype is not properly licensed. To Fix - Press "Disable Swype" and 1) uncheck the box next to Swype then...

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get around that? What is unchecking that box actually doing?

Thanks.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6248/snap20101208075644.th.png (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/snap20101208075644.png/)http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6997/snap20101208075654.th.png (http://img507.imageshack.us/i/snap20101208075654.png/)http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7661/snap20101208075658.th.png (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/snap20101208075658.png/)

thrillerbee
12-08-2010, 7:08 AM
Any suggestions would be appreciated -or- any explanation as to what unchecking that box actually does.

Thanks.

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 8:10 AM
Unchecking that box disables Swype as a valid input method in the android system. With that checkbox unchecked, the input method cannot run, and it unloads any running instances and frees whatever assets the system had loaded for the keyboard. It seems MIUI is automatically enabling any installed input methods. That may be interfering with our licensing process.

EDIT: I had a friend of mine who uses MIUI on a droid1 try it, and he's experiencing the same problem as you, but reports that rebooting his device after installation fixed it for him. Give it a try?

modemide
12-08-2010, 8:28 AM
I experience the same problem on my stock and rooted Droid 2

There's no checkbox for me to disable the keyboard. I can only toggle between the two of them.

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 8:33 AM
modemide: Droid 2 comes with Swype preloaded. You should not be installing the beta on a stock Droid2

mmubashar
12-08-2010, 8:41 AM
Nope..Rebooting did not fix the problem..Installer still requests to disable the keyboard which MIUI is unable to do so..

modemide
12-08-2010, 8:58 AM
modemide: Droid 2 comes with Swype preloaded. You should not be installing the beta on a stock Droid2

Wow -- I feel stupid now. Thank you for that. Much appreciated :-)

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 9:10 AM
mmubashar: Sorry for the confusion. I meant if a FRESH install fails, instead of re-running the installer, just reboot your device. Try these steps:
Uninstall Swype (no need to remove swypeinstaller)
Run SwypeInstaller and go through the installation process
After pressing the "Finish" button, reboot your device
Try to use Swype

Let me know how that goes.

thrillerbee
12-08-2010, 10:51 AM
mmubashar: Sorry for the confusion. I meant if a FRESH install fails, instead of re-running the installer, just reboot your device. Try these steps:
Try to use Swype

This did work for me. Thanks!

Dr Mixer
12-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Having the same issues with MIUI running on Rooted Incredible....

I'll keep trying the reboot, but not luck so far.

-----------------
Updated:

I read on another forum this work around.

http://www.bloggingtipsonline.com/2010/12/get-swype-keyboard-working-on-miui-0-12-3/

This will allow you to bypass the "generate license" as needed, but will eventually fail to swype when you try to use the keyboard.

--------------------

BotsOne
12-10-2010, 6:02 PM
Try to use Swype

I'm running miui on an OG Droid and this is not working for me. I uninstall swype, and reinstall it, but I can't ever get to the "finish" button before it asks me to disable swype. I have also tried the Titanium Backup method to no avail. Anyone else experiencing this?

Dr Mixer
12-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I just did a Titanium backup and updated the MIUI ROM with the newest version (12.xx?).

while performing a Titanium Restore, swype installed and now works with no problems.

Joncole818
12-21-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm unable to uninstall Swype to try this. Installer will uninstall, but not Swype. I'm now trying different combinations of rebooting and installing, etc. (EVO 2.2 unrooted)

brian.resnik
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm unable to uninstall Swype to try this. Installer will uninstall, but not Swype. I'm now trying different combinations of rebooting and installing, etc. (EVO 2.2 unrooted)

That's because Swype is now included preloaded on the EVO :D Go to any text input field, long-press on the text box, select Input Method, and choose Swype. Voila!

monsterbars
12-21-2010, 12:34 PM
what if you can not go back and click on swype

Digbob
12-22-2010, 2:09 PM
thank you so much. I just got into the beta yesterday and was having the same problems described above with an OG Droid running MIUI. All I needed was a simple reboot... duh! thanks again.

steff3
12-22-2010, 4:14 PM
That's because Swype is now included preloaded on the EVO :D Go to any text input field, long-press on the text box, select Input Method, and choose Swype. Voila!

Thanks for this, I was going nuts trying to figure it out. So, do I still upgrade to the new Beta and if so, how?

andres@sarrazola.com
12-23-2010, 9:53 PM
Hellow!

i have a samsung galaxy 5 http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5500_galaxy_5-3371.php the problem is that when i open de swype installer say to fix press disable button etc etc, but when i hit on disable i have a menu that doesn't have box to check or unchek.

i tray stopping the process in application but doesen't work :S who can i solve? tnx!

and, when i clic on tour, i can use swype but only in the tour :S

tnx!

dtomlins85
12-28-2010, 5:41 PM
I have the Beta on my HTC Evo 4G and when I try to regenerate the license it tells me to uncheck the box, but there is no box to uncheck and when I try to uninstall the Skype application, the option is not available...HELP ME!?!?!?!?!?

natecocco
01-11-2011, 8:51 AM
I have an original Motorola Droid

Steps:
1-DL installer from email
2-login installer and DL 2.5mp Swype (english/spanish)
3-Click install then done
4-as soon as I click done it force closes, whenever I try to click the generate license it tries to generate then it FC's and says registration of swype failed.

Troubleshooting steps taken
1 rebooted before, after installer installed, after swype installed...a lot of rebooting tried
2 - checked to see I had a MIN MEID #'s (saw in some thread to check) and I do
3 - made sure swype is unchecked in the keyboard selection screen...when I do check the box and change my input to Swype it goes into a FC loop and I need to make my way back to settings to disable inbetween dismissing FC messages (this is fun)
4 - I threw my phone out of my car window into Tampa Bay and now I am swimming around looking for it to see if this works...I am doubtful...PLEASE HELP, all I want is Swype with voice input.

PS I can't swim

derrapf
03-15-2011, 5:01 PM
Hi
I have also problems with licensing (HTC Desire HD, not rooted).
My Swype stopped working last week, and so I downloaded the latest Swype installer.
When I started it, it
1) checked the installer version which hangs up the whole thing
So I pressed "return" and started the installer a second time.
2) then, it said licencing would be almost complete, I should enable swype and then
select swype
3) after that I could choose to watch a video, start a tutorial, generate a license or finish
4.1) When I say "finish", the setup ends, but Swype would still not work. I lets you only type but
not swype
4.2) When I hit "generate license" it tells me that swype is not properly licensed, I should
select android keyoard.
4.3) ok, so I selected the stock android keyboard, then disabled Swype and then pressed "generate license"
4.4) I entered username and password and got "Registration of Swype failed"

So that's it. Why did registration fail? Username and password are correct since I am able to post this
message with them.

This upgrade procedure is a nightmare.
I understand that you are not ready to sell swype in the market but I think it's about time that you would be:

I installed FLEX-T9 instead, because I cannot get Swype working, and I can tell you that this
is a reasonable competitor.

If you do not come into market soon it is likely that some others will before.
I would love to work with Swype, but if that means that I have to go through this installation
nightmare every few months, I'd rather switch to Flex-T9.

So please: Could you give me some hints to get Swype running again?
And please could you make updating more convenient? This way it is done now sucks.

And: An option to speak the text instead of swyping it would be great.
This would let Swype catch up to Flex-T9, regarding this feature.

Ralf

rob.boehm
03-16-2011, 5:23 PM
Forum accounts are not tied to beta accounts. However I did look up your forum email and confirmed that it was registered for the beta. The password however may be different. You can change this password by going to the following link. https://beta.swype.com/android/user/lostpassword/

Regarding our licensing process and release of the product; it is simply not in our business model to sell to end users at this time. More explanation is found on our faq. http://beta.swype.com/android/faq/

derrapf
03-18-2011, 4:34 AM
Hi Robert
Thanks. I just changed my password and tried the anew. But still: "Swype installation failed. Registration of Swype failed".

PS: I read the FAQ, but cannot quite follow your statements.
Item one: "and we don't have the resources necessary to support a full end-user sales model.":
What about this forum? I thing this is more than enough support. More then other companies offer.
Item two: "We end up doing a large amount of work on each device":
Ok, and what would change here if you would sell your product? Nothing. Would it?
But nevertheless. It's your decision.

I for myself feel sorry that such a fine peace of software is not availabe for end users and that we beta users always have to struggle with the updates.
Ralf

brian.resnik
03-18-2011, 8:22 AM
derrapf: Can you please contact me through one of my IM accounts? Both my Skype and AIM contact info are available in my forum profile. I'd like to take a look at our server logs while you try to license and see what exactly is happening. Thanks very much!

derrapf
03-18-2011, 1:51 PM
Hi Brian
Shure, we could do that. When would it be ok for you? We are about 6h apart. It's 21:49 here.I just tried it again, and it did not work out.
Ralf

ntelie
03-18-2011, 2:23 PM
Greetings,

I am currently having the same issue. At first I simply hit "update", which seemed to go through. But the e-mail regarding the update said to fully uninstall. When I did that, everytime I try to generation a license I receive this following error: "Swype Installation Failed - Registration of Swype failed." Which then leads to a closure of the application.

And of course without licensing I receive the "Your trial period has ended. Please upgrade your copy of Swype."

rob.boehm
03-18-2011, 4:37 PM
Greetings,

I am currently having the same issue. At first I simply hit "update", which seemed to go through. But the e-mail regarding the update said to fully uninstall. When I did thatevery timeme I try to generation a license I receive this following error: "Swype Installation Failed - Registration of Swype failed." Which then leads to a closure of the application.

And of course without licensing I receive the "Your trial period has ended. Please upgrade your copy of Swype."

Sounds like you are still using the old installer. Are you using the new one that can be downloaded at http://beta.Swype.com/android/get ?

ntelie
03-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Yes, I am positive it is the most up to date installer. I just deleted all old installers to make sure. Still getting errors left and right. :(

rob.boehm
03-19-2011, 9:04 AM
I just noticed this was posted on an old thread for installing on MIUI. Are you attempting to install Swype on MIUI?

ntelie
03-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Not that I know of, I'm using the official 2.2 release from my phone company.

rob.boehm
03-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Can you please regenerate the error and capture a logcat using the instructions on the following page? http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?994-POSTING-GUIDELINES-READ-ME-FIRST-Get-BETA-for-Android-troubleshooting-help#LOGCAT

derrapf
03-28-2011, 3:13 PM
Hi Rob

Can you please regenerate the error and capture a logcat using the instructions on the following page?
Which page?
Nevertheless: I made a catlog. You can find it here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15742306/2011-03-29-00-06-11.txt
Regards Ralf

rob.boehm
03-30-2011, 7:38 PM
Whoops, I guess my copy-paste skills on the web address failed, sorry about that =P Looking into that logcat right now.

derrapf
04-20-2011, 8:14 AM
Any results so far?

AzAnna
04-20-2011, 5:41 PM
I made the same mistake of downloading and installing the Swype beta on my Droid 2. Duh!! It's already installed! So, after further reading in the forum, I need to uninstall Swype and re-run the installer. My problem is that the Uninstall button is not active in Manage Applications when I go to Swype! Now what?!:(

rob.boehm
04-30-2011, 7:28 AM
You have Swype production installed on your phone which can not be uninstalled with out root access. Because of additional customizations that your carrier may have made to your phone this is am operation that cannot be supported. However if you'd like to attempt, we have best case instructions on the known error thread.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?2287-Unable-to-uncheck-uninstall-Swype-Swype-PreLoad-Production-Device

rob.boehm
04-30-2011, 7:30 AM
Any results so far?
the previous link is a 404.