PDA

View Full Version : An option to completely disable the Voice-to-Text key

HippoMan
12-06-2010, 2:13 PM
I was never a big fan of the smiley key, but replacing it with the Voice-to-Text key is, unfortunately, worse for me. If I accidentally press it, instead of getting an easily erasable smiley like I used to get, I now get interrupted while the entire screen is taken over by the voice input dialog.

The purpose of a keyboard is to quickly enter text, not to interact with an intrusive user interface. Anything that interrupts typing (or "swyping") lowers the value of a keyboard ... IMHO.

My request is to give us an option in the settings to completely disable the Voice-to-Text button. And I would not like the only other option to be the smiley. I'd like to either (1) optionally choose my own character to assign to that key, or (2) optionally remove the key, altogether.

I know lots of people like the Voice-to-Text key or the smiley, which is why I want to clarify that I am requesting that their removal be simply an option.

Thank you very much.

thurule
12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll second this. I would like to suggest the options: Voice Input, Smiley, Custom, None

HippoMan
12-08-2010, 8:04 AM
I like your suggested options, thurule.