PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell if an update is available?

swtex1
12-04-2010, 8:39 PM
I have a Droid X using version 1.64.40.9380 Is there an update available? Should I wait for the update coming soon? Is the version I am using a beta version? Sorry for all the questions. I just found this forum.

Icculus760
12-06-2010, 7:31 PM
Since you posted in the Swype Beta Forum, I'm assuming your Swype didn't come pre-installed on your device.
From the December 2010 changelog

NEW SELF-UPDATING INSTALLER! This update includes a new installer with some long-needed feature updates.

The new installer will self-update when you launch it, if necessary, so you'll NEVER have to uninstall and re-install the installer via our website. Just keep the installer on your device, and launch it periodically - If needed you'll be given the option to update it with just a click.

JNavas
12-10-2010, 5:31 PM
If you're in the beta, subscribe to Forum: Swype Beta Programs News (http://forum.swype.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Swype-Beta-Programs-News) to get automatic notifications.

RLPoloBoy380
12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Ummmm no.....Swtex1 has a DroidX which Swype comes OEM pre-loaded with the phone. We have Swype vers 1.64.40.9380. I'm sure they wondered here pretty much by mistake as I did. Swtex1 they have a catagory for Pre-loaded versions of Swype here in the forums. I just saw it myself so "our" help would be there. Sorry all for the confusion. C'on Swtex1, we can tell we dont belong here lol!