PDA

View Full Version : Swype November Update - Still inaccurate, and nonsense words

victorhooi
12-02-2010, 2:14 PM
heya,

I know the November Swype Beta update was meant to fix all the inaccuracy problems fo the September Swype Beta.

However, I'm still getting random words in my dictionary, and it still doesn't feel as accurate as before September =(.

For instance "gir" keeps appearing in my dictionary, even though I swear I've deleted it close to thirty times. Or "yun". Or "cm" instead of the comma, when I swype comma to space.

Are all the accuracy problems meant to have been fixed, or are you guys aware of more issues, and are working on a fix? Is anybody else still finding Swype inaccurate?

Cheers,
Victor

mcflurry4321
12-02-2010, 2:51 PM
I definitely am. It's no better and no worse...I'm having exactly the same problems as I was having with September's release.

AstroRoid
12-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I second that statement. Way worse putting weird words in there, and unable to delete from dictionary.
Nexus One 2.2.1

brian.resnik
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
The issue you're referring to isn't something we classify as "accuracy" but as "dictionary pollution." Accuracy refers to Swype properly recognizing the actual path you traced, while dictionary pollution involves ... well, your dictionary getting polluted with extra words :D We're aware of the dictionary pollution issues.

Most likely, those words are being automatically added from your phone address book. The only solution at this time is to remove entries from your address book that contain names you don't want added to Swype's dictionary. We're working on a better fix for the future.

Also, in the future, please make sure you include all of the information we request in the POSTING GUIDELINES thread, or we can't help you, file a bug report, or add a feature request to our internal system. Thanks~!

APCharlie
12-03-2010, 7:35 PM
please, is there no way to add in the option to disable swype from adding new words from contacts? Personally, I feel it would be such a smoother experience if I could manually just put in the names I use often, and not have the ones I don't even in the dictionary

Richardf
12-03-2010, 8:08 PM
You guys have ben aware of the problem for months and have it at the wrong priority to be fixed.
Should have been fixed long ago.
If I try and correct the wrong word in this message I hery the hidden word poop that makes one wish they never heard of swype.

TWO just in the paragraph above!

xNotta
12-03-2010, 10:49 PM
You guys have ben aware of the problem for months and have it at the wrong priority to be fixed.
Should have been fixed long ago.
If I try and correct the wrong word in this message I hery the hidden word poop that makes one wish they never heard of swype.

TWO just in the paragraph above!

Lol, don't swype when you post on a public forum.
It'll make you look incompetent.
Learned that from personal experience. :P