PDA

View Full Version : Future of Swipe for 'Advanced Users'.

adzadude
11-30-2010, 9:14 PM
Hi,

I understand the reasoning about not providing swipe direct to the public, but going through the manufacturer for the release.

However, I was wondering - how does this affect more advanced users?

At the moment, I'm fortunate enough to be involved in the BETA program, so I can install Swype on my device - of which I have a custom ROM.

However, once the BETA program is completed, does that mean that Swype will only be available to people who have it pre-installed on their device using the original ROM's, and that all XDA members and Custom ROM users will never be able to use Swype, or is there another option for us?

BTW - thanks for a fantastic product - I really hope I can continue to use it! :)

Cheers

Adza

hortstu
12-22-2011, 9:57 PM
Hi,

I understand the reasoning about not providing swipe direct to the public, but going through the manufacturer for the release.

However, I was wondering - how does this affect more advanced users?

At the moment, I'm fortunate enough to be involved in the BETA program, so I can install Swype on my device - of which I have a custom ROM.

However, once the BETA program is completed, does that mean that Swype will only be available to people who have it pre-installed on their device using the original ROM's, and that all XDA members and Custom ROM users will never be able to use Swype, or is there another option for us?

BTW - thanks for a fantastic product - I really hope I can continue to use it! :)

Cheers

Adza

seems like an old thread but I'm wonderingthe same thing

zwgGtX
12-23-2011, 1:20 AM
Well, in software there's always a beta version. It doesn't just turn into a final and then development ends but it's a cycle of beta-final-beta-...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

rob.boehm
12-27-2011, 1:08 PM
Well, in software there's always a beta version. It doesn't just turn into a final and then development ends but it's a cycle of beta-final-beta-...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

That pretty much sums it up. I don't see development of Swype ending any time soon nor do I see the beta test for that development ending. If it ever will end, it's simply way too far in the future to even guess as to what would be available.