PDA

View Full Version : Word choice window setting not persistent

migr8676441
11-28-2010, 7:58 PM
I'm using Swype beta on a Nexus One. I like to use Swype with the word choice window disabled (i.e. the setting moved all the way to the left).

I can put the setting all the way to the left and it works until I reset my phone. Once the phone comes up after a reset, it starts showing the word choice window until I go back into the word choice window setting again. The slider is still set all the way to the left, but for some reason it isn't activated after the reboot until I open up the setting again.

If you guys could fix this bug it would be much appreciated so I could leave the setting and not have to tinker with it after each reboot.

Thanks,
Joe

Vetdoctor
12-02-2010, 6:33 PM
On the Sprint Evo the same offshore. Evo, Froyo Swype 265wt.10q.52

arice67
04-28-2011, 9:33 AM
I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to get any responses to my posts or emails. Is this fixed, being worked on, or even acknowledged?

migr8676441
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
This issue is fixed in the latest version of swype beta (at least, it works on my 2.3.3 Nexus S).

arice67
04-29-2011, 8:31 AM
Thank you for the response. That's great to hear. I'm on Froyo on a Samsung Epic 4g... I'm not rooted. I'm hoping I'll have the same experience.

My only concern - is there an easy way to backrev the swype beta update to the froyo-installed version if I encounter problems? I'd hate to update and have issues and not be able to go back to the originally installed version.