PDA

View Full Version : Dictionary is a MESS - Allow to EDIT (putt: pyotr? piotr? outre?)

Shuggah
11-26-2010, 6:34 AM
Something HAS to be done with allowing us to edit the dictionary or remove words or SOMETHING. This has happened with MANY other words that I type but don't have specific examples at the moment except for this one example that I remember (and can ALWAYS replicate):

I type in the word "putt" and up pops the word choice window (either by itself or with a double-tap on "putt"...either way) and suggestions are the following: outre, pyotr, piotr.

What ARE these words?? I have chosen "English" as my language...what WORLD are these words from!!! LOL!!

When stuff like this happens (and this is just ONE example...other words have these suggestions ALL THE TIME!) it is just such a waste of time/resources! It is even WORSE when Swype will "smartly" insert the word "Pyotr" in your text...

PYOTR!!?!?!?

Something HAS to be done to get rid of these ridiculous word suggestions...either to remove them completely from the dictionary or have swype LEARN that these words shouldn't be suggested or allow us to REMOVE the words from the dictionary.

I can ALWAYS add outre, pyotr and piotr back to the dictionary if I want!! ;->

MrObvious
12-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I think there is some debris left from the old version. I don't know why.

CtrlBurn
12-08-2010, 3:09 PM
I'm seeing the same thing (piotr has shown up a few times) on the Captivate. I can understand that the dictionary is too big to list and edit, but it would be great if I could go to the settings, type in a word, and tell it to remove that word.

WhatTheHeyIsBER
02-14-2011, 4:30 AM
I want to be able to type the verdamte word BE! Not have it replaced with BER unless I "swype" BE EXACTLY! I am on the verge of disabling swype and never using it again and it used to be superior! WTH?

Shuggah
02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I hear ya there WhatTheHeyIsBER!!! How about THIS one that I got today. Don't even remember what I was trying to type because I was so FIRED up and PISSED by the "suggest" word that I couldnt' get rid of was:

toynbee

Toynbee?? TOYNBEE!?!? WTF!?!?! I had to look it up:

Apparently Toynbee was a British Historian who died in 1975:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_J._Toynbee

Also a set of mysterious tiles found in cities in the US and South America:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles

That's all well in good but my question is: WHO CARES AND WHY DO **I** HAVE TO HAVE THAT IN MY DICTIONARY!!?!?