PDA

View Full Version : Swype not working... configured for another device...

wcrapps
11-24-2010, 3:27 PM
My Swype stopped working and I am getting a message about being configured for another device. This is a new issue. Been using the latest version of Swype for a while... I havenít changed anything... any ideas?

wcrapps
11-25-2010, 9:45 AM
I had Swype on my EVO and it was working just fine until yesterday. All of the sudden, it would not work for me. The swyping motion stopped. Then I started getting a message about my software not being configured for my phone or somehting like that. Note, that this is the same phone I have been using it on for quite some time, with no changes...

So, I just uninstalled and had your site resend me the link to download. I used the link to install. I am now getting a message:

The ID of this phone does not match registration at beta.swype.com

Again, this is the same phone I have been using for quite some time now.

I would appreciate your help getting this up and running.

Thanks.

rob.boehm
11-27-2010, 9:39 PM
This should really go into the troubleshooting thread. This is a know issue that we're working on resolving. The problem is mostly detailed in this thread: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1511-The-Swype-package-you-installed-is-configured-for-another-device...

Isabelle
05-14-2011, 6:30 PM
Same problem. Same question. I love Skype I hope this is fixed - HTC Incredible android