PDA

View Full Version : Keeping file size down

rkilljoy
11-20-2010, 5:02 AM
I don't know if anyone already post this, but here is my request. The last beta version I believe was at about 5 to 6mb in size. This November beta update version is almost 10mb. I have an Eris where I need all the space I can get. If you can keep the file size anywhere from 3 to 5mb would be great for us that need to watch are resources. I think this is a good product but if when it comes out of beta to a full version and the file size is large I wounder how many people would bye even it. I'm hoping this is something your working on!

AstroRoid
11-20-2010, 9:45 PM
I agree, I would love to see it much smaller, and also apps2sd especially. Get the bulk of the app on the sd card to help this.
Jeff
Nexus One 2.2.1

GldRush98
12-02-2010, 10:05 AM
It's because of all the other garbage they put in there.
There is a 2.5mb audio file that is worthless IMO, and then a **** load of languages that are entirely unnecessary. I removed all of the languages from mine aside from English and the weird sound file and reduced my Swype install footprint from 9mb down to 3mb.

AstroRoid
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Where did you find the files to delete (I would instead move to sd card). I did a search using Astro and didn't find anything searching "swype".

rkilljoy
12-02-2010, 4:42 PM
I also would like to know how you were able to delete this stuff, cause I would. I don't need all those languages and I also don't need the audio file.

Ceazar77
12-05-2010, 7:25 PM
I agree that all these extra files should either be optional to install or at least movable to SD. Add me to the list of those looking for how to delete these files.

GldRush98
12-07-2010, 9:31 PM
You remove the files from the apk and reinstall it.

elbeeuk
12-09-2010, 2:52 AM
It's because of all the other garbage they put in there.
There is a 2.5mb audio file that is worthless IMO, and then a **** load of languages that are entirely unnecessary. I removed all of the languages from mine aside from English and the weird sound file and reduced my Swype install footprint from 9mb down to 3mb.

Hi GldRush98,
Do you have a list of the files you removed?

Cheers
Elbee