PDA

View Full Version : double tap issue

Lucien
11-16-2010, 2:28 PM
Hi,
I'm running a 2.2 android Rooted HTC Desire HD with ori****le ROM.
When I do the 'new double tap', I have these two window openning :
the swype choice menu opens, and then, on top of it, I have the HTC Sense windows with the three buttons 'Copy, Cut ans Paste' and the word I had double taped is selected with one pin at the beggining and another pin at the end. So I have the two fonctionnalities at the same time.
If I select a word in the Swype menu which isvisible (normaly just the first and the upper half of the second words are hidden by the Sense menu), it works fine as th swype double tap should.
When I do a very slow double tap, it works fine because it is not quick enought to trigger the Sense menu, but it does triggers the swype menu.
The point is swype should be fast so a 'very slow double tap' doesn't make sense.

I know it is not a swype issue, just a collision with a Sense fonctionnality.

This could be solved by displaying the swype menu on a different place. The Copy-Cut-Paste displays close to the selected word, so the place is related to place of the word.
Or, maybe there is a way to deactivate the Sense double tap (the equivalent is possible to be done with the tap-and-hold.)

Thanks, swype is already very good.
And thank you for having added French... at last.

Lucien.

preacher65
12-11-2010, 4:26 PM
Just to confirm that I'm getting the same problem with my Desire HD. I didn't know about the "slow double tap" workaround, that's helpful, thanks. However if anyone can suggest a better solution, or if this can be coded around, that would be even better.

Troubleshooting info, in case it's useful:

Device Make/Model: HTC Desire HD
Wireless Carrier: Vodafone UK
Android Version: 2.2 FroYo
ROM Version: Android Revolution HD 1.9 (based on HTC 1.32.405.6)
Are you using APPS2SD? No
Full text of the error message you are receiving (if you are not receiving an error, describe the problem in as much detail as possible): On double-tap, HTC edit menu pops up and overlays Swype word choice menu.
What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far? Slightly slower double-tap seems to prevent this, but it's very difficult to get that right every time.
Are you a ROOT user? Yes

blockdor
02-01-2011, 8:07 AM
ditto here
htc desire hd on orange with latest patches etc.

rob.boehm
02-01-2011, 6:41 PM
Personally I wish we had an option to disable double tap. Every time I would use the double tap feature in Swype, I instead use the Swype key to get the same functionality.

Commonly when I'm tapping back to make small corrections I don't get the cursor in exactly the right spot, so I tap again, and trigger double tap, and highlight the whole word. x_x

We'll have to see what else can be done; however to my knowledge, generally speaking, we like to avoid programming for specific devices in the Beta Test. These kinds of adjustments are why we prefer OEM distribution over distribution to end users.

preacher65
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks, I had forgotten I could use the swype key instead! :o

Arnaud Janssens
02-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Same problem here. Using the swype key instead for now.