PDA

View Full Version : Still need to restart Swype on Droid Incredible

skunis1
11-12-2010, 4:49 AM
I just installed the new beta and I still need to restart swype everytime I turn my phone off and then on again. The beta notes stated that this appeared to be fixed.

HTC Droid Incredible
I am on Froyo 2.2.
Verizon Wireless
Stock ROM Software number 3.21.605.1
Not rooted.

Update: I figured it out. I didn't realize I still had some installers saved on my SD card. I cleared data and then deleted all of these installers and now it works upon restart. Awesome!!!

Thank you.

jkravny
11-12-2010, 12:02 PM
I am having the same issue. The beta seems to work better but I still have to choose a different keyboard, and then choose swype again every time I reboot.

I am completely stock HTC Incredible although I am rooted. Which means that if I need to move the app into a different directory I can.

edit: I just tried the clearing all data, uninstalling, redoing everything method.. and still a no go. Still need to choose a different keyboard and then choose swype again after a restart to work.

Anyone have a working fix?

brian.resnik
11-12-2010, 4:08 PM
This is a problem with the boot process on the Droid Incredible. It's starting the Swype app before the MEID system variable has been populated. Not much we can do about that :(

innomind
11-13-2010, 8:06 PM
I have the same situation with my HTC Incredible... Any possible ways to tackle this bug?

Thanks!!

itisjustme
11-14-2010, 4:37 AM
This is a problem with the boot process on the Droid Incredible. It's starting the Swype app before the MEID system variable has been populated. Not much we can do about that :(

I am experiencing the same issue. Why was this issue not present on the HTC Incredible in the earlier versions of Swype prior to the September beta release? I quit using the September release due to this issue, I was quite happy when the November Beta was available but not so much now. Is this something that development will address?

IanS100
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem on a stock HTC Desire

Prior to install I did a ' Clear all Data' & uninstall of the old version, hope this helps

djg1701
12-19-2010, 2:11 AM
Same issue here -- to get Swype to work I need to select a different input method then switch back to Swype. When I reselect Swype, I get a Force Close message. Then it works. But a pain to do daily.

Stock HTC Incredible with Froyo. Swype 2.15.14870.t100.

NickCrellin
01-14-2011, 4:17 PM
Droid Incredible
Swype 2.15.56.14870

Love the software. Each time I reboot, I have to reset the input. Love to see this fixed. Either way, you have me for the life of my Droid! No way am I going back to typing, when I don't have to.