PDA

View Full Version : Not able to install Swype allready installed

oaussieo
11-11-2010, 8:00 PM
After installing updated version I am receiving error:

Download of the package failed.
Swype is already installed.
Please uninstall and try again.

Now please let me clarify, I uninstalled the previous version (both installed and program).
and after receiving this error I uninstalled both the Installed and Swype program again. only to receive the error again.

any assistance on this would really helpfull.

Thanks,
Ken

brian.resnik
11-11-2010, 10:26 PM
EDIT: To help us track down this problem, please UNINSTALL Swype, then check to see if there's anything leftover in /data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod. If there is, please tell us which files are still there. Thanks

Please read the POSTING GUIDELINES thread at the top of this forum. Follow the "basic troubleshooting" instructions, and if you still have trouble you MUST include all of the requested information in order to receive help.

denism
11-11-2010, 11:26 PM
EDIT: To help us track down this problem, please UNINSTALL Swype, then check to see if there's anything leftover in /data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod. If there is, please tell us which files are still there. Thanks

None. The folder's gone.

I'm at least a dozen failed attempts in. Again. Every time you guys update. Every time I flash a rom. Even updating from CM6 to CM6.1RC1, without wiping, broke a perfectly working Swype.

Swype Installer simply does not recognise that it needs to register when Swype finishes installing and you press Done (or back).

fearphage
11-12-2010, 5:24 AM
I'm having the same problem (CM6.1 with the Evo). That folder is completely gone. I'm seeing that it's failing to register after install.

fearphage
11-12-2010, 8:17 AM
Also of note, install takes a very long time. I think the installer process is being killed and restarted between the time I'm downloading the app and installing it.

brian.resnik
11-12-2010, 11:18 AM
So, if the Android Package Manager or SwypeInstaller believes that Swype is already installed, it will never try to download the license because it cancels the installation process immediately.

I'm going to pass this on to our QA department and see if they can track down the source of this issue. Thanks for the information everybody. I'll let you know if there's any other info you can collect for us.

brian.resnik
11-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Can any of you get me a logcat of this error? Instructions for getting debugging logs are listed in the "POSTING GUIDELINES" thread at the top of the forum.

bigian13
11-13-2010, 2:37 PM
Same problem; I'm on a Droid 1 running CM 6.1 RC3. Here's my logcat:

http://pastebin.com/fpjacpme

metalking
11-14-2010, 7:37 AM
Same problem on an HTC Magic running CM 6.1. (already posted here (http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1511-The-Swype-package-you-installed-is-configured-for-another-device...&p=8654#post8654), but this topic is nearer to my problem, I think)

Update : logcat available at http://pastebin.com/rS2w5q1p

brian.resnik
11-14-2010, 8:56 AM
The believe the installer isn't resuming gracefully from its sleep state. Nobody's in the office today (Sunday), but we'll get a fix cooked up soon :)

fearphage
11-14-2010, 1:23 PM
I installed it on a snappy connection and all is well for me.