PDA

View Full Version : Download of the package failed

theeclectic
11-11-2010, 6:17 PM
"Swype is already installed. Please uninstall and try again."

I don't quite understand this... I've been using swype since the beta came out and this is a perennial problem every time a new beta comes out. I continually have issues installing. Why can't swype make this easier? First an installer that's massive and then the program itself is massive. These betas never seem to improve the god-awful installation process.

I have the original Droid. I uninstalled both swype and the installer, reset the app, then installed the new installer. I let the installer download the app, waited for the "Enable Swype" which never came - instead I got the above message. Of course when I check for keyboards - the swype is there, so I enable it and go to use it and it just gives me that irritating chirp and i have to peck new messages.

theeclectic
11-11-2010, 6:28 PM
When I try to swype - it says "This Swype has been configured with another device" This is so ridiculously irritating.

MrObvious
11-11-2010, 6:41 PM
You have to uninstall the old Swype and installer, download the new installer, reboot, then install it. Clearing Dalvik cache ain't a bad idea either.

hulkamaphone
11-11-2010, 6:50 PM
You have to uninstall the old Swype and installer, download the new installer, reboot, then install it. Clearing Dalvik cache ain't a bad idea either.

I've uninstalled both the installer and swype then rebooted my phone, then proceeded to install the installer and swype again but I keep getting the same error.

Can anyone help with this? I've been using Swype now for ages and don't want to hav to go back to the stock keyboard or use a competitor's offering.

brian.resnik
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Please read the POSTING GUIDELINES thread at the top of this forum. You MUST include all the of the requested information in order to receive help.