PDA

View Full Version : latest Beta update appears to be shutting down my Incredible

thetechguru
11-11-2010, 5:25 PM
After installing v2.10.52.13753 this evening, my phone shuts down a few minutes after being put to sleep.

Droid Incredible
Android 2.2
Rooted

I followed the instructions for uninstalling previous version (clear data, uninstall Swype, clear data, uninstall Swype installer, deleted old Swype Installer, re-downloaded, installed, activated).

When I disable Swype in language and keyboards, the problem stops occurring, but when Swype is enabled (and I think when it is the default keyboard, but I am not 100% sure of this) my Incredible shuts down within a few minutes of being put to sleep (by single short press of the power button). I have not yet tried just letting it timeout and go to sleep to see if it also happens then.

Let me know if any logging would assist in troubleshooting.

Alan

thetechguru
11-11-2010, 7:11 PM
After shutting down the phone 5 or 6 times I left Swype disabled for an hour and used the default keyboard. In order to try to capture some more data, I reactivated Swype, and everything has been fine for the past hour. I'll leave Swype enabled and default overnight and tomorrow and report back if the problem occurs or if it has cleared, but at this time, if no one else reports this problem, I recommend ignoring my bug report as it is probably just something wonky with my Incredible.

Alan

brian.resnik
11-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Let us know how it goes.

thetechguru
11-12-2010, 2:19 PM
Whatever was going on last night seems to have corrected itself. Everything worked well all day, and oddly enough, my battery lasted better today than virtually any other day. Swype has never appeared as a high percentage of battery use, but I am wondering if you did any optimization in this release or if it is just coincidence?

Alan

brian.resnik
11-12-2010, 5:09 PM
Probably just coincidence :P You never know though :)