PDA

View Full Version : New Beta Not Working On HTC Hero

Arivind Abraham
11-11-2010, 4:25 PM
Anyone else finding that the new beta is not working on their HTC Hero? Any way to remedy this?

jat_eris
11-11-2010, 4:35 PM
On my HTC Droid Eris, the new (November) beta also does not work. I get a modal dialog box saying, "The Skype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact Swype about this issue."

UPDATE: I actually can use the Sqwpe keyboard to type one letter at a time, but I cannot "Swype" any words (i.e., use the Swping motion to enter multiple letters without lifting my finger from the glass).

UPDATE (#2): See this thread for a fix (worked on my Eris -- see last post about waiting for "Enable Swype" popup after pressing "Done"): http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1511-The-Swype-package-you-installed-is-configured-for-another-device...

elisfkc
04-12-2011, 5:43 AM
It's not working on my HTC Hero either. I can still type normally, but I can't actually Swype and when I double tap a word, it only highlights it, it doesn't let me make changes. I can't figure out how to fix it. It was working and them it wasn't. I uninstalled and reinstalled Swype, not the installer and it didn't help.

rob.boehm
04-14-2011, 7:43 PM
Sounds like the Installation process isn't completing. Please re-run the installer (with out uninstalling the software) and you should receive prompts to pick up the licensing process where it was left off.

jclift26
06-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Nope not working on my HTC Hero (t-mobile g2 touch) either..
can't handle not having my keyboard.
A few things- 1. first time installed said the size wasn't supported, tried a different package (spanish/ english) and that installed, but can't select it as keyboard input at all (this is UK English).

brian.resnik
06-20-2011, 12:06 PM
jclift26: can you give us a little more information? What happens when you try to select Swype as your input method? Is it showing up in Language & Keyboard? Please use these instructions as a reference when describing your issue: http://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/

jclift26
06-20-2011, 12:22 PM
The problem is I don't actually have swype as an option as an input selection, even though I can see swype when I go to keyboard,. When the keyboard does up, it's definitely my normal android keyboard

Info:
Phone: T-mobile G2 touch (htc hero)
Carrier: t-mobile UK
Kernel number: 2.6.29-5f74b252
Android: 2.1

As an fyi, ive been using the old beta for a long time. Does this info help @ least, I'm trying to uninstall package and installer to see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the fast response!

jclift26
06-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Ok, so just an update, uninstalled the installer and the keyboard and reinstalled and it now works, if a bit laggier...,but its there , nice new interface! I'm hoping that you guys are supporting sony ericsson xperia neo as I can't imagine having a phone without your keyboard.