PDA

View Full Version : @ button enters entire email address.

migr12243693
06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I would like a way to easily enter my entire email address with 1 button. currently i have to swype the first part of my email, hold the w until the email sign pops up, swype gmail, then swype .com. my email is one of the most common things i type so making it quicker would be great.

brian.resnik
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
You can actually add any combination of letters/number/symbols to your swype-able dictionary. Simply highlight the "word" you want to add and tap the SWYPE key (the little S symbol in the lower left). Then, just Swype out the "word" like normal (tracing over the W key for @, for example).

migr12243693
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
it does not work for my email for some reason. I am using rooted moto droid running android 2.2 and the latest beta that came out today. I have actually tried this on previous versions as well and no luck. try entering my email in your dictionary and see if you can get it to work? darklightsite at gmail. Even if it did, thats a pretty long swype, I'd still like to be able to have at least one button, either extra long press or preferably just long press to enter a customized set of characters. If It gave me the option for 2 or more would be even better.

migr12286955
06-12-2010, 1:45 AM
Or you can add any usernames, emails, or passwords you have to your internal dictionary and Swype will pick them up. It just takes one long swype for me to enter my entire email, and one more for the password.

migr12357361
06-17-2010, 7:40 PM
I think adding a dedicated .com button, or a Swype equivalent combo for common internet extensions (.org, .net. ca, etc) would make people coming rom other keyboards more comfortable and increase adoption.
Keridan (Evo 4G)

migr1586866
06-17-2010, 7:47 PM
Keridan- Are you aware that you can actually Swype all the common URL's? This includes: www. .com .org .edu .gov .net .ca .uk and http://

For example, to write '.com' all you have to do is Swype your finger from the period key to the 'c,' the 'o,' and the 'm.'

hopefully that helps you out a little!

Xaneth
09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I think the point here is for keyboard shortcuts for this sort of entry, which is a great idea! What would even be better is something similar to "speed dial" with your dictionary. It would be nice to be able to program your own hotkeys, no?