PDA

View Full Version : Swype-ing while charging...does not process right.

C1utch
11-11-2010, 6:16 AM
Every time my phone is plugged in, wall or computer...swype doesn't seem to process finger swyping correctly.

You know when your texting, the swype "trail" is smooth, when it's plugged in, the lines get jagged and the phone picks that up instead of my original input and trys to guess the word off of the jagged line.

I've been experiencing this issue with many different chargers.

I've tried wall and car chargers with dedicated cables and also the car and wall chargers which give you a usb port to plug into, with 2 different data cables.

Even though the issue occurs with different chargers, it bothers me the most when it's plugged into my computer. Having it plugged into my laptop is a lot more convenient for me charging-wise.

I have no problem with any other application. I play Angry birds and homerun battle 3d with zero issues in touch screen response.

master reset of the phone doesn't help.

Fitchman
11-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Could be your touchscreen, maybe. There's a nexus one problem where when it is plugged in, the touchscreen doesn't register touches in the right place. You should always mention your device when posting, which is it?

C1utch
11-11-2010, 4:53 PM
OH sorry.

I have the Samsung Vibrant.

Shuggah
11-26-2010, 6:23 AM
Same problem as the OP here. Jagged weird lines and inaccurate when charging. Unplug and good to go!

rob.boehm
11-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Do you have any apps that are managing, or monitoring your power consumption. My guess is that this is taking resources away from Swype, reducing it's polling rate, and thereby creating a jaggy line.

jhaas1
11-26-2012, 5:08 PM
I have this same problem with the latest Swype Beta (installed today 11/26/2012) and the previous ones as well. I use the Motorola Razr Maxx.

It only happens when my phone is plugged into a charger like the initial poster said.

Since the problem ONLY occurs with Swype and not in any other application (also like the original poster said), how could the reason for this be that another process is stealing resources away and reducing it's polling rate? If that was the case, wouldn't the problem be seen in every application during charging? But that's not the case - only Swype is having the issue.

Xenon1911
11-27-2012, 5:16 AM
It's vibrations from the current of electricity coming in from the charging... If you try to hold down your finger on scrolling screen or a paint app, you will see the jagged lines as well... This isn't a Swype bug but a hardware "problem" :p