PDA

View Full Version : Can't add word "that's"

pjduncan
10-27-2010, 4:00 PM
No matter how many times I type t h a t ' s, everytime I then swype it no matter how careful I am to land on "s" at the end, swype assumes "that'd" and doesn't even have "that's" as one of the options. That's just wrong.

AstroRoid
10-28-2010, 9:48 AM
Agreed, I have the same frustration with this too.

libove
01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Would be nice to have a "+1" button to simply support the earlier posters in a thread in this forum.
"+1"! Swype doesn't seem to like "that's" and won't learn it. It should.
(Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android 2.2)

hiphopharry
02-11-2011, 1:35 PM
lol yeah i remember that ridiculous bug.. same prob on the preloaded version for my huawei ascend. Ultra Keyboard all the way until swype becomes even reasonably usable.

SusiBiker
03-14-2011, 4:06 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm also having a he'll of a job entering "you're" (sans quotes). No matter how I try I can't get it to Swype any more. There are a few entries like this that no longer work since the previous beta. I got used to those foibles, but am finding these new ones quite hard to deal with.

1Bigg_ER
03-15-2011, 7:00 PM
I thought that I wasn't swyping right or just high. But "THAT'S" one hell of a problem.

Raidertrh
03-16-2011, 1:16 PM
With the latest update that I just applied (3/16), those contractions work just fine. AIN'T that great?!

key88sf
04-17-2011, 5:44 PM
I have the latest as of a few weeks ago (2.29.71.20186), and " that's " along with any other contractions just don't work. In fact, this newer version of Swype sucks compared to the original I had on the phone (HTC Incredible, Android 2.2).

Will Foster
04-20-2011, 4:35 PM
I just include a Swype down to the single quote mark button, and then it types that's... no it's not ideal, but it does work! :-)

sanjg2k1
04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
:(I have Android 2.3.3 based Samsung Galaxy S. I have a problem that Swype doesn't add new words to its dictionary, even after I tap the right letters and then press space bar. It definitely recognises my contacts and other pre-stored words in the dictionary but not beyond that.

MakeADictionaryApp
04-30-2011, 8:38 AM
Yes. I keep getting ghats to pop up when I want that's and I don't want to ****ing ever type the word ghats but I can't delete ghats from the dictionary. WTF!!

MakeADictionaryApp
04-30-2011, 8:56 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm also having a he'll of a job entering "you're" (sans quotes). No matter how I try I can't get it to Swype any more. There are a few entries like this that no longer work since the previous beta. I got used to those foibles, but am finding these new ones quite hard to deal with.
If Google operated Swype, they would find a way to guess based on your sentence if you intend "your" or "you're." Without fail, I always get the wrong one. I wish companies vetted Swype more before they went ahead and used it.