PDA

View Full Version : Please help with licensing issue-in desperate need of advice on replacement phone.

sevenstars
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I recently ran out of licenses for Swype beta due to replacement phones. After receiving my new(replacement) Droid, I had to ask Swype for the one-time license reset. 2 hours after installing Swype, the power button on my phone stopped working; the spring either broke or came loose as the power button is "flat" and doesn't move. My problem is this; Asurion will do a warranty replacement, but won't just fix the phone I have. My problem is this: when I reset my ID (they have all been Droid 1 phones), do I get 3 more "tries" or am I screwed if I get this warranty replacement? I love my Swype and would hate to lose it. Does Swype have an option such as a product key? or is there anything else I can do?

rob.boehm
10-27-2010, 6:06 PM
You can reset the ESN numbers associated with your beta account and allow you to install on the replacement phone. Check this thread for instructions: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1353-The-ID-of-the-Phone-doesn-t-match-your-registration.