PDA

View Full Version : swype for droid incredible

djhero
10-25-2010, 6:13 PM
I am planning on buying a droid incredible and I am wondering if swype is preloaded on it or do I have to download it. Also I am having trouble finding out how to get the actual swype software. can anyone help me find out these details? thank you.

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 8:34 PM
Swype should be pre-installed on the Droid Incredible now. However if it's not updated to Froyo it will in the first OTA Update you receive after powering on the device.
.//edit the above statement is incorrect.

RayHedberg
10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
As of 13:15 MDT Verizon still has no version of Swype for the Incredible

djhero
10-26-2010, 1:34 PM
As of 13:15 MDT Verizon still has no version of Swype for the Incredible

well I am not buying the phone until 30 days from now so is there any chance that it will be available by then?

rob.boehm
10-26-2010, 4:19 PM
My apologies was mistaken on what versions were currently available. Was currently looking into some confusion on a pirate trail of swype that was released and got mixed up when I posted here. x_x

djhero
10-26-2010, 5:17 PM
My apologies was mistaken on what versions were currently available. Was currently looking into some confusion on a pirate trail of swype that was released and got mixed up when I posted here. x_x ok so it is NOT on the droid incredible yet?

rob.boehm
10-26-2010, 7:01 PM
ok so it is NOT on the droid incredible yet?
Yes

Again my apologies for being incorrect before. Other than receiving an invite into the close beta there is no way to install an official version of Swype on the Droid Incredible.

zafrir
11-14-2010, 5:18 PM
I am a Beta Tester however I have changed phones. I used to have the HTC Evo with Sprint and now I have the HTC Incredible with Verizon. For some reason, it is not allowing me to change my phone on MySwype and when I login to the Swype installer, it says that I am logging in with the incorrect phone. Anyway to reset it so I can install Swype on my incredible? Thanks.

P.S. Administators, my email is the same as what I registered with on the Swype Forums. If you need any info, please PM me. Thank you.

MrObvious
11-15-2010, 8:00 PM
Someone didn't read the sticky about ESN resets in the troubleshooting section.

Special Ed
11-16-2010, 1:15 PM
Hi; Trying to find out when there will be availability for "Incredible" Android. As a new user I am excited to be able to experience Swype. I have purchased two Incredibles 1 for me and 2nd for G/F. Would really like to experience Swype capabilities on our phones. Any time frame for when additional Beta users will be allowed or when a released version will be available? Just found this site and would like to contribute.

Special Ed
11-16-2010, 1:20 PM
I am a New Andriod "Incredible" user. Purchased 2 phones and would like to enable Swype capabilities on the phones. Any information available for when additional Beta users will be allowed/added or when a "released" version will be available?
Thanks