PDA

View Full Version : GogoInflight issues after Froyo Upgrade - HTC Incredible

mkdanz
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Posted to wrong forum, my apologies. Please delete.

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 5:51 PM
I'm not too sure what way Swype is integrated into GogoInflight which would be causing this issue. Please seek support from your carrier on this problem.

sjdprods
11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I see the original poster has pulled the comment, but I've actually noticed that after being in flight for a period of time, Swype (Sept. '10 beta, as well as the prior) will stop working for me, and even once I'm back on the ground, I have to completely reboot to get it to work correctly (otherwise, the keyboard won't swype at all -- only letter by letter entry). Because of some of the errors I see, I tend to think it's an issue with the beta authorization, but I haven't been frustrated enough to capture more info. I don't know if it's something about going into airplane mode, using Gogo inflight, or something else, but it's got to the point that I expect Swype to stop working when I'm in air, and know that I have to switch to the stock keyboard and then reboot and go back to swype once I'm on the ground. I can live with it, since I don't fly that often, but ... it's been an issue. Hopefully it will get fixed once out of Beta. [HTC Incredible / Verizon / 2.2 (though it happened in the summer with 2.1 as well)]

brian.resnik
11-02-2010, 1:01 PM
Hi sjdprods,

This is actually a known issue on CDMA devices, where the ESN# (MEID on cdma phones) is emptied when the device enters Airplane Mode. Because our licensing software references the ESN# of your device, without this number present Swype won't function. (The reason it works for a little while is because it only checks the ESN when the Swype application first starts up, so if the app is still resident in memory, it'll continue to work). Sorry for the inconvenience this causes. We're looking at ways to work around this problem, but at this point it would require a complete rewrite of our licensing system to not include the ESN#.

You should also note that if you turn your phone off when in Airplane Mode, the next time your turn your phone on, Swype won't work until you've restarted the device without Airplane Mode turned on.

sjdprods
11-04-2010, 7:49 AM
Thanks - Good to know that I'm not the only one who has heard that occasional clunking noise from the engine.