PDA

View Full Version : Can't delete non-word from dictionary

SiraRaven
10-24-2010, 1:56 PM
Somehow, I guess the word 'Iii' has been added to my dictionary. This means that whenever I try to swype a capital I (when it's not the first word in the sentence), it decides that I really meant Iii. When I replace that with 'I', it tells me how to delete Iii. So I highlight Iii, hit the swype key and press okay, but the next time I try to make a capital I, Iii comes right back. I really don't know how to get rid of - it's really annoying! I've had Swype since the end of June, and it's worked fine most of the time - this Iii thing has only been happened for the past month.

I'm on a Droid Incredible with Froyo, with Verizon, and I'm rooted.

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 5:47 PM
This is a known issue that is scheduled to be resolved in the next update. It's due to Swype automatically pulling in "words" from your contact list, browser history, etc...

Tracey
11-03-2010, 6:19 PM
That is a really annoying issue. When is the next update scheduled?

Thanks!

Tracey

rob.boehm
11-06-2010, 9:06 PM
Honestly can't say, don't even know myself. Official announcements will only be made here: http://forum.swype.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Swype-Beta-Programs-News

Shouldn't be out of line in saying that I did some install testing today myself on my G1. Ran into some issues, got them fixed, but like I said where that puts us I honestly have no idea.