PDA

View Full Version : Russian lang isn't working on Galaxy S

zyxel_diesel
10-22-2010, 3:31 AM
When I try to use russian language on Galaxy S Swype shows me an error "There was a problem opening the Swype database it may be corrupt or in the wrong format". Phone is new and never been used.

Can you help me?

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 3:43 PM
The Galaxy S comes preloaded with the production version of Swype, not the beta. Official support for the production version of Swype is not on these forums, but rather the carrier of your device provides support.

This is unless you have rooted your phone and installed a custom ROM. If this is the case and you're using the beta unfortunately only English and Spanish versions are supported on the closed beta.

steverimini
12-24-2010, 3:20 AM
Well I had the same problem with the Italian language and I found the solution in a very simple way. Maybe it is late for you, but I hope it can be helpful for some other user:
Go to settings, to programs manager and select the "all programs" list, here look for swype and press the button "erase database". This way you reset the database of swype and you have it as it was the first time, you lost all words you added but it works! ;-)
Please note: I translated names of menus from Italian (my language), therefore they could be slytely different from your language...