PDA

View Full Version : Single letter input should appear in the text instantly.

proell
10-21-2010, 2:47 AM
Single letter tapping input should appear instantly in the text (e.g. searchbox in google or contacts). So instant search or suggestions can be used and there is no longer need for type the whole word.
The same should happen, if I swype, with the first word in the "word choice window" until I choose an other one.

spbrereton
10-21-2010, 3:25 PM
Single letter tapping input should appear instantly in the text (e.g. searchbox in google or contacts). So instant search or suggestions can be used and there is no longer need for type the whole word.
The same should happen, if I swype, with the first word in the "word choice window" until I choose an other one.

Have you considered making the auto-selection timeout shorter in the options section?

jonfrankle
03-01-2013, 6:20 PM
I think proell's idea might help me for a persistent annoyance I have with word selection.
When I try to use text-speak and type 'u' instead of 'you', the word suggestions arrive, with
'up' on top in green, and my desired word ('u') a few down in blue.
In most such cases, I think I'd prefer just what I typed.
I'd like an option to reorder the pop-ups so that the default in such cases would be to use what I've typed. But I suppose that might defeat the automatic nature of using good guesses.
Can swype be instructed for particular cases, e.g. not to use 'up'? Or should I play with the threshold ... if suggestion came up less often, maybe it wouldn't in this case.

Re spbrereton's suggestion, I don't know where to control auto-selection timeout; at the moment, that word choice pop-up doesn't seem to time out at all. Nor is it clear how that would help me.