PDA

View Full Version : Require apostophe option

ozydingo
10-18-2010, 12:54 PM
It seems that one feature of Swype is to insert an apostrophe when deemed appropriate without requiring a swype over the apostrophe key. Would it be possible to provide an option that turns this off? I always swype over the apostrophe in words that have them. Turning this off would allow easier disambiguation between works like well/we'll, ill/I'll, its/it's, and even the dreaded want / wasn't. There are a couple other really annoying and less obvious ones I've encountered, but I can't think of them right now.

spbrereton
10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
It seems that one feature of Swype is to insert an apostrophe when deemed appropriate without requiring a swype over the apostrophe key. Would it be possible to provide an option that turns this off? I always swype over the apostrophe in words that have them. Turning this off would allow easier disambiguation between works like well/we'll, ill/I'll, its/it's, and even the dreaded want / wasn't. There are a couple other really annoying and less obvious ones I've encountered, but I can't think of them right now.

I believe this is the way it's supposed to work. And did before the September update - apart from a well known and documented wasn't/want bug. Hopefully a bug-fix release is coming soon that will revert and fix the bug instead of what we have now.

On another thought I tried to swype you'd today and ended up with you's which has to be the most illegal contraction in whole english language, so it shouldn't be there at all!