PDA

View Full Version : Portrait mode soon please.

yeswap
10-17-2010, 8:01 PM
Swype is great on my N8 but I almost never use the phone in landscape mode. Swype really needs to work in portrait mode where the built-in Nokia keyboard is a silly 12 key thing.

Will portrait mode be enabled soon?

brian1
10-18-2010, 1:07 PM
Hi yeswap,

We agree that while Swype in Landscape works well, many people prefer to use Swype in Portrait mode. However, at this time Nokia does not support a QWERTY keyboard in Portrait mode on the C7 and other S^3 devices, so Swype is not available as a keyboard in Portrait mode. Please note, Swype is not currently supported on the N8. Installing Swype on the N8 may result in your having to hard reset your device to factory default settings to remove Swype.

Best,
The Swype Team

mattleech
04-12-2011, 1:50 AM
Nobody has replied to this thread for six months!

I have two questions.

I'm confused by the Swype Team's response in this thread when they say "Nokia does not support a QWERTY keyboard in Portrait mode". From what I've seen, Swype's landscape keyboard on S^3 and both keyboard orientations on S60^5 were not the built-in keyboards but Swype specific/developed keyboards. Am I wrong? :confused:

We now know that Symbian^3 Anna/PR2.0 includes a portrait keyboard. Will there be a S^3 Swype release to make use of it? :confused:

Btw, thanks for Swype, it's the only mobile input method (N97 & N8) I use!

xspeed9190
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Nobody has replied to this thread for six months!

I have two questions.

I'm confused by the Swype Team's response in this thread when they say "Nokia does not support a QWERTY keyboard in Portrait mode". From what I've seen, Swype's landscape keyboard on S^3 and both keyboard orientations on S60^5 were not the built-in keyboards but Swype specific/developed keyboards. Am I wrong? :confused:

We now know that Symbian^3 Anna/PR2.0 includes a portrait keyboard. Will there be a S^3 Swype release to make use of it? :confused:

Btw, thanks for Swype, it's the only mobile input method (N97 & N8) I use!

Exactly,
are we going to be seeing swype in portrait mode since nokia's anna announcement "http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/04/12/announcing-symbian-anna-aka-pr2/" I love swype and find the nokia phones amazing the best hardware ever made but with out swype..... simply mundane .

Pathum Wijayasooriya
06-08-2011, 9:42 AM
no offence Swype team but ignorance like this are also a cause for the downfall of symbian... everyone forgot where they started cz of two OS's.... android and iOS...

gaurav71189
08-03-2011, 6:19 PM
After the Anna update release, a QWERTY virtual keyboard is available with split screen in portrait mode. But Swype does not seem to make use of the split screen mode, please release an update that addresses the issue, enabling the split screen mode for Swype in Anna.

brian.resnik
08-04-2011, 12:28 PM
We will be making an announcement in the near future about future Symbian support. Thanks for being patient.