PDA

View Full Version : Contact names vs. custom words

crashrandall
10-13-2010, 5:23 PM
I have noticed that the custom Swype dictionary is full of words I have never TYPED - names that it has somehow harvested from my contacts list. This is a TERRIBLE feature, as it clutters up my typing with names I never actually use - and mostly wouldn't be typing anyway even to look them up and email them.

migr13250385
10-20-2010, 8:06 AM
I have noticed that the custom Swype dictionary is full of words I have never TYPED - names that it has somehow harvested from my contacts list. This is a TERRIBLE feature, as it clutters up my typing with names I never actually use - and mostly wouldn't be typing anyway even to look them up and email them.

Yes.. I have raised this issue few times, but it falls into deaf ear.. I feel sad that this issue seems to be more and more unmanageable from day to day usage.. Please moderator or anyone from team to let us know if this can be configurable in the future.. If this is a fixed feature, I guess I have to say bye2..

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 4:19 PM
This is planned to be resolved in a future update. However for right now this is a know issue in the current beta and something us testers have to manage until we can get a revision rolled out.