PDA

View Full Version : Can we disable the very irritating popup Tips screen?

Bryan84
10-10-2010, 7:21 PM
Whether I select a word from the Word Selection, Swype will pop-up a screen of Tips to tell me that the word is "hidden" and blah blah. This pop-up is SO IRRITATING. Is there an option I can disable it?

I'm on v2.4.44.1091.t100

rob.boehm
10-11-2010, 4:53 PM
This is a well known and documented behavior that bugs us all (some more than others). Currently, the only way to avoid the hidden word popup from coming up is to remove the word that is being hidden from the dictionary and/or your contact list.

Bryan84
10-12-2010, 7:52 AM
This is a well known and documented behavior that bugs us all (some more than others). Currently, the only way to avoid the hidden word popup from coming up is to remove the word that is being hidden from the dictionary and/or your contact list.

Gosh alright. Hope it's fix sooner. :(

JeffreyTz
10-12-2010, 1:00 PM
Except that doesn't work (also a well documented behavior in these forums). The "hidden word" screen is popping up for words like "for" instead of "four" (pretty sure "for" is already in the dictionary, and you can't delete "four"). The number one feature for the next build MUST BE the ability to disable this screen.

Bryan84
10-12-2010, 6:28 PM
Except that doesn't work (also a well documented behavior in these forums). The "hidden word" screen is popping up for words like "for" instead of "four" (pretty sure "for" is already in the dictionary, and you can't delete "four"). The number one feature for the next build MUST BE the ability to disable this screen.

Yeah! No wonder words I thought I deleted are still in the dictionary. Gosh! :(

Fix fix fix please!

tjoebgen
10-13-2010, 5:50 AM
oh thank gawd... I thought I was the only one being really annoyed by this. The previous version was more intuitive about word selection and addition to the library, and selecting a word from the popup list didn't cause this Tips box to pop up.

Bryan84
10-13-2010, 5:54 AM
oh thank gawd... I thought I was the only one being really annoyed by this. The previous version was more intuitive about word selection and addition to the library, and selecting a word from the popup list didn't cause this Tips box to pop up.

No you are not alone.

FastKatt
11-03-2010, 6:04 PM
Put me in for this being fixed ASAP

migr13250385
11-09-2010, 1:46 AM
This issue has been complained for so long, and still there is no fix for this.. I almost give up..

binglejellsx2
11-09-2010, 2:08 PM
Long time lurker here - I registered just to add my voice to this thread.

I put up with the annoying popups before, but now it's just getting out of hand. So I payed a visit to these forums to post on the subject. What do you know? It's right at the top of the page!

With all these popups it's almost faster to just type normally. Otherwise, this is a great keyboard.

iceeater35
11-16-2010, 9:12 PM
fix plz so annoy

michaeltanyk
11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Nov 2010 beta supposed to fix it, but no, after using for a week, Nov 2010 beta is also broken like this. Fi it please... the popups appear, the hidden words not deleteable. Do you guys REALLY have full access to the entire source code?

FastKatt
11-20-2010, 6:17 PM
I agree, the Nov update didn't fix this problem...

gmguel
11-24-2010, 8:17 AM
In spanish swype is almost unusable with this bug (lots of accented words that you don't use on sms, so they get added to the dict and then can't let you write one sentence without that anoying dialog to appear)... I'm moving to android keyboard... to MessagEase, to SwiftKeyboard or anyother keyboard that is user friendly in the mean while...

IanS100
11-25-2010, 2:14 AM
Yesterday I encountered the dreaded pop up telling me I had a word hidden by 'Mr', a word that I don't use in txts etc but does appear in a few entries of my contacts list. I duly went to delete 'Mr' and it took 25 delete cycles to eradicate it completely so I guess Swype had added 25 copies of Mr to the user dictionary - Today I've just deleted it another 8 times!!! Out of interest I just had a look if Swype had saved 'Mrs' to the dictionary & sure enough it's taken 34 delete cycles to delete which presumably means 34 copies of 'Mrs' in the user dictionary - WHY???

In my opinion the November update initially seemed a great improvement but as time goes the dross is slowly accumulating in the user dictionary and it is now little better than the September aberration - why can't you just let us switch off 'ADD to Dictionary'

raheenb
12-03-2010, 5:40 PM
After all these updates, how has this popup issue not been fixed?...as of the update a couple days ago I'm getting the popup nearly once every sentence, it's INCREDIBLY annoying! I'm going to uninstall if this isn't fixed soon...I've even had to delete Facebook friends because of it, for example I had a friend who was a "III" (the 3rd)..and nearly every time I go to type "you" the III pops up, even after deleting from my dictionary. Why not just give us the option to disable it completely? By your own admission it's "pesky"!

If this is fixed the product would be amazing!

raheenb
12-06-2010, 8:18 PM
Major correction! After a fresh erase and restart, as well as turning suggestion box popup down to about a third of the way, all my issues have been resolved...GREAT job on the update! Evo 4g w/Froyo. Gotta get back to eating my crow now ;-)