PDA

View Full Version : Swype not working after lg g2 update!

srichert
04-15-2014, 1:38 PM
Recently went through an update on my lg g2 smartphone, and now it won't let me use swype! It says I have it and I have the option to use it or other keyboards but whenever I choose to use swype the keyboard doesn't even show up and I have to switch to a different keyboard in order to actually type something. Help!! Swype is my go to keyboard, it's been my method of typing forever, how do I make it work again? I can't go back to typing every letter, I need my swype!

forums
04-16-2014, 7:18 AM
Recently went through an update on my lg g2 smartphone, and now it won't let me use swype! It says I have it and I have the option to use it or other keyboards but whenever I choose to use swype the keyboard doesn't even show up and I have to switch to a different keyboard in order to actually type something. Help!! Swype is my go to keyboard, it's been my method of typing forever, how do I make it work again? I can't go back to typing every letter, I need my swype!Unfortunately, this is an LG issue. You'll have to contact LG to fix whatever they broke with their update.

The other option is to buy the Play Store version, but I'd suggest trying the 30-day trial for the full 30-days before deciding to make the purchase, just to make sure that version works well on your phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.trial

bberryhill0
04-16-2014, 1:29 PM
KitKat update? Which version of the LG G2?

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.5.1

Jacob.W
04-16-2014, 2:18 PM
Hi srichert,

You can try clearing application data in Settings > Apps > Swype, then re-launching the keyboard. WARNING: Clearing application data will delete all Swype data that is stored locally on your phone (including your personal language model and Personal Dictionary - unless you use Backup & Sync to save these to the cloud).

If you continue to have problems, please check with your device manufacturer/wireless carrier for support as Forums has suggested above.

Thanks!