PDA

View Full Version : Please take my money

gadgetwiz
10-04-2010, 4:17 PM
Seriously. I received what I thought was a legit copy of Swype (from this site) and was really disappointed when it stopped working. It was great, and it was worth pretty much anything the developers wanted to charge for it, so I tried to do just that.

To my surprise, I could not buy this software.

What did I do? I bought similar software from a competitor. It's not quite as good as Swype, but it's not bad either. This other company walked away with $10+ of my money and Swype got none.

Are you really that willing to shoot yourself in the foot? You have a great idea, but this thing has been in Beta forever. For God's sake, sell your software (even if it's pre-ordered with Beta access)! The longer you wait, the fewer customers you're going to have.

By the way, I never had a single issue with the beta software I saw. It worked great (minus the missing microphone key).

Hardwood
10-04-2010, 8:33 PM
Mike McSherry

CEO of Swype

Are you listening to this?

Anyone have his email address? I would love for him to join the discussion and let us know why he does not want our money.

Sell it to us. Sell it to the manufacturers.

SELL IT. Expired software results in LOST SALES....

Have you taken a pulse of the economy lately? Um, sales are usually something a company SEEKS, not AVOIDS.

Someone get Mike McSherry's email address so we can ask him directly....

Thank you.

themogul
10-04-2010, 9:00 PM
I have to agree. I have never had such a difficult time trying to give someone money. Please either reopen the beta or put swype on the market.

rob.boehm
10-09-2010, 8:32 PM
I've had a few discussions on where we are with the Beta and the prospects of a production version being released to the market. I'm not really in a position to disclose what I know, but Brian gave a pretty good summary here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?3-Swype-amp-Android-Market&p=5803#post5803