PDA

View Full Version : Option to exclude Contact Name/Email from automatically added into dictionary.

migr13250385
10-04-2010, 9:12 AM
Please provide option to exclude contact name/email from automatically added into swype dictionary. With huge list of contact (like gmail, facebook contacts), there are lot of times the word is replaced by contact name/email address, which is not the original intention. Maybe some will like, but for me, I better tap first the name/email that I want to be included into dictionary.

Second suggestion is to exclude suggestion words for tapping number, When i tap "2", the selected suggestion is "2moro". Most of the times what I meant is number.. Please stop make word suggestion for number or at least the number is the one automatically selected.

migr13250385
10-20-2010, 9:12 AM
Please provide option to exclude contact name/email from automatically added into swype dictionary. With huge list of contact (like gmail, facebook contacts), there are lot of times the word is replaced by contact name/email address, which is not the original intention. Maybe some will like, but for me, I better tap first the name/email that I want to be included into dictionary.

Second suggestion is to exclude suggestion words for tapping number, When i tap "2", the selected suggestion is "2moro". Most of the times what I meant is number.. Please stop make word suggestion for number or at least the number is the one automatically selected.

Is there any update on this request?

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 5:21 PM
This is something that we're looking at resolving in the next revision of the beta test.

migr13250385
11-09-2010, 2:49 AM
Thank you, Robert..
Any update yet?? I really hope that contact name or email address can be excluded by default from dictionary and the popup stop appearing..

Adevem
11-09-2010, 3:42 AM
funny thing other than automatically adding names.

my contacts all have extra 2 recurring letters.

example:

jed - jjjeeeddd
ivan - iiivvvaaannn

and so on. lol. it's funny at first, then it got pissing.

mydogischelsea
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM
The automatically adding of contact names to the dictionary is a major problem with Swype. Also a problem is that even after I remove a contact's name from my dictionary, it somehow comes back again the next time I use the phone. It's incredibly frustrating. If there are names that I type often, fine, I'd be happy to have them in my dictionary. But when "to" automatically shows up as "ryo" EVERY time, it's just annoying.