PDA

View Full Version : trouble with deleting certain words

latenightrob
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I have no problem deleting some of the words in my library, but I can not delete the word "god". it is driving me nuts b/c everytime I type "good" I get "god" I type "good" 1000 more times than "god" I don't want to turn this into any other topic than "how do I delete this one word"
Thanks

rob.boehm
10-03-2010, 2:21 PM
Unfortunately right now there is no way to delete words from the built in dictionary. However we agree that dictionary control needs a big rework, however small, patchwork solutions won't cut it. It deserves a full revamp which we haven't been able to do yet. In short, we're aware of the problem and will be addressing it in the future.

latenightrob
10-04-2010, 8:37 AM
Ok, well at least I know now that I have to perfect my zigzag over the letter "o"
Thanks

lostrebel
10-23-2010, 2:22 PM
I think I am going to fall into the category of "we know we need to overhaul the dictionary...", but My issue is that somehow I have gotten in there when I swype "you", when I highlight the , I get an illegal character error. If I put in 'you', it won't let me delete it. frustrating!
Is there a way to just delete the entire custom dictionary?

rob.boehm
10-25-2010, 4:55 PM
Yeah from your android home page press Menu>Settings>Application Settings>Manage Applications>Swype then click the delete cache button.

tjsynkral
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
If I try to Swype "cook" I get "chok" - if I want "that's" I get "ghats" - I cannot remove these words that I will never use from the built-in dictionary! Rob said this would be fixed in the future, in October 2010. How much longer do we have to wait?