PDA

View Full Version : Swype not swyping at all

Donihanson
10-02-2010, 11:56 AM
It only types. I've gone through all of the system settings and viewed all of the swype settings multiple times. Nothing seams to be set wrong. I've adjusted it in every adjustment possible and still nothing works. In the swype mode. The trail is visable but no characters show up anywhere. Not in preview not on the screen. Very frustrating. What is fix for this. My sister is having the same problem with her Droid.

rob.boehm
10-11-2010, 5:56 PM
This is a well known and documented bug that comes up from time to time with Swype. You should be able to remedy this by long pressing on an input field and switching the keyboard to the default keyboard and then switch it back to Swype.

V_RocKs
11-13-2010, 1:34 AM
I too am having this bug happen. It only started happening when I upgraded to 2.1 android when Motorola made it available. This did not happen on my 1.5 android software.

Of course I had to reinstalled Swype also, so Swype is most likely installing a different version than the one I had with 1.5.

I have a Cliq.

Luke-W
01-03-2011, 2:11 PM
Has any solution been found to this other than changing input program and then changing back to Swype. It's a time waster.

rickster53
01-27-2011, 4:15 AM
Has any solution been found to this other than changing input program and then changing back to Swype. It's a time waster.

Agreed...others like myself have posted this same issue happening on our Droid Incredibles for months now with no real fix available. You can read those comments here http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1955-December-Beta-Stops-Working/page5 ... very disappointing not to hear anything further...